CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: MEETING THE FAMILY

— LYRIC BRYANT

"I'm so nervous." I breathed out. "What chu' nervous for? That's your future mother in law." Kendra said.

"Because I never done nothing like this before. I didn't have to meet nobody's family. And Jayden doesn't count because we weren't on that level."

"You never actually done that before?" Lishae asked. She took two steps back, and held her chest. "Aww is he your first?" I nodded my head.

"Why you so sentimental?" Kendra scrunched her face up and rolled her eyes. Lishae smacked her lips. "I am not sentimental. Only when it's needed." Lishae pointed out.

"It's okay Lishae. But yeah he's my first."

"Like first everything?" She asked. "Some shit I done already like first kiss but it was a longggg time ago. But yeah other than that he's my first."

"Aww. That is so sweet. He took your virginity too?" Lishae inquired. "No. I'm scared but then again, I'm not anymore. It's gonna' happen one day."

"What chu' waiting for then girl?" Lishae asked. "Probably that moment." Kendra said while on her phone.

"Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders as I looked for my dress. "Is this one cute?" I showed them the first dress I had in my hand.

"Eh I'll give that C- for trying." Kendra said. I looked at her she was still on her phone. I smacked my lips, "You wasn't even looking." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Lyric I can still see from the side." She assured me. "I thought it was cute." Lishae spoken up. "Thanks Lishae." I went back to the closet.

"Put on something cute, and something that he can bring home to mom, and don't show off too much." Kendra said. "So wear something regular?"

"Yes." Kendra nodded her head. I shook my head at this girl. How the hell she want me to wear something cute, don't show off too much, and something he can bring home to mom?

"Kendra that's three different things." Lishae said. "So? She can match all of them." Kendra replied. I smacked my lips, and picked something regular out.

It was decent. I went to bathroom and changed. I already took my shower when I woke up. I brushed my hair down from it's wrap. I sighed once I was finished.

I grabbed my old clothes, turned off the light, and walked out. "I hope you ready cause we about to leave yo' ass!" KD proclaimed loudly downstairs.

"Shut up before I get Kendra on you." I said, looking down at him, down the stairs. Boomer and Joe laughed. "I don't know why y'all laughing like I won't get y'all girlfriends neither."

"Ion have a girlfriend." Joe disclaimed, while I walked passed the hallway. "Yes you do." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Aww you look so cute Lyric." Lishae complimented me when I walked through the room. "Thank you." I grabbed my pair of white fila's. I sat down on the bed, and put my shoes on.

"Yes you look formal for business." Kendra snickered. I stuck my middle finger up at her. Kendra smacked her lips. "I take my compliment back then." Kendra stank faced me.

"You was trying to be funny with it. But let's go." I grabbed my phone, and got off the bed. We walked out the room, and went downstairs.

Kendra smacked her lips, "Why y'all playing the game when y'all know we about to leave." Kendra asked them with a straight face.

"Lyric was taking a long time." KD spoken up for them. "No I wasn't, it was at least 25 or 30 minutes." I rolled my eyes at that lie.

"It felt like an hour." Kentrell added. "Shut up. But come on y'all." I rolled my eyes at his slick comment as he cut the game off. We walked outside, and got in our cars.