CHAPTER THIRTY: INFORMANT

— LYRIC BRYANT

I dialed my grandma's number. I sighed as it rung. She might not even pick up since I'm calling private. I crossed my fingers, hoping she'd pick up.

"Hello? Jarvis if this is you playing with my Goddamn phone  - " My eyes widen, I hurried up and said something.

"No Grandma.. It's me Lyric. I'm sorry that I'm calling you private." I assured her. "Oh.. Well where the hell have you been?! Got your parents and ME worried sick." She spat.

"Grandma.. I know it sounds crazy but.. I cannot tell you. I'd tell you but I don't want you to tell my mom or dad."

She sighed on the phone. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Yes. I am perfectly fine. I would've reached out to you sooner. But I've been busy with a lot. And can you tell my parents that? I'm hearing a lot about them saying that I'm missing, and just a whole lot more."

"Oh yeah they have. They stopped by here twice a day, seeing if you came back. And yes they been doing a lot. And it's plucking my damn nerves. I be ready to tell they asses off. You're grown and on your own. But it's not safe to be alone Lyric. But wherever you are.. You need to come home. You don't have live them, you can live with me."

"Grandma I really appreciate your offer But I cant take it. Im actually well taken cared of. And since I've been gone, I felt better about myself. And I've been happy not miserable."

"If thats What making you happy Lyric, I can accept that. And I'd appreciate it if you call me often as well."

"I will. I love you. Bye Grandma."

"I love you too Lyric. Bye." We both hung up. I was suppose to be doing something, I can't remember what..

Kylie FaceTimed me again. I answered it. "Um.. I thought it was suppose to be you that was gonna' call me back." Kylie said with a straight face.

"I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing. I'm sorry."

"Who you talking too?" Ken made a face as he walked in the room. "Kylie." As soon as I said that he came and snatched my phone.

"Fuck you doing not answering my texts?" Ken asked Kylie. "Minding my business. And can you give Lyric the phone." Kylie said with an attitude.

"I ain't giving her shit. Sike Nah I'm just playing. And nobody wanted to talk to yo' funny acting ass anyway." Ken gave me my phone back.

He walked out the room but I called his name, making him come back. "What?"

"Where Kentrell at?" I asked him. Before he could even say anything, Kentrell appeared behind him, holding Taylin.

He showed me pictures of him, and I recognized him from them. "Aww you gotten the baby."

I got off the bed, and walked up to him. I held my arms out for him but I looked at Kentrell. "Can I hold him?"

Kentrell nodded his head, and gave him to me. "He is so cute"

"It ain't too late for you to join the club Lyric." Ken poked my stomach, I smacked his hand away. "I'm not having any kids Ken." I said seriously.

"Oh I forgot.. Virgin Mary ain't having no kids until marriage." I was about to slap him but he took off running. Kentrell laughed like it was funny.

"It's not funny." I rolled my eyes at him, and sat down. "It's okay Lyric." Kentrell said.

I looked down, Taylin was staring at me the whole time. "Um.. you forgetting that I'm on the phone still." Kylie said on the phone.

"My bad Kylie. I was about to fight Ken."