CHAPTER NINETEEN: CHANGE

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Kentrell, I haven't been here a whole 24 hours yet, and you already trying to take me shopping." We were out at the mall, he talking about buy whatever I want, and I don't even know what to get.

"So. Think of it as a Welcome gift." Kentrell said. "You mean gifts? You already done brought me a phone. Which I'm appreciative for, thanks baby." I smiled, then kissed his cheek.

"Your welcome, and we been in like 5 stores, and you still don't know what to get." Kentrell said. "Well I don't know, Lex used to pick my clothes out." I shrugged my shoulders as we walked into another store.

"You wanna' be yourself right?" Kentrell inquired. "Yes." I said. "Then pick out what you want to wear instead of what Alexis want you to wear." He implied.

"Okay but Ima' want your opinion on what I try on." I grabbed a yellow and red dress, and took it to the dressing room. I tried on the yellow one first. I came out, he was on his phone. "How this one look?" He looked up from his phone. "Its ight, but you not getting it. It's too short." He said.

"Why not Kentrell? And my nude dress is almost the same length. And plus I like it. And you even said it looks good."

"Still." He said then he got back on his phone. I sighed, and shrugged my shoulders. I went back into the dressing room, and changed. I grabbed some more clothes to try on, this time I wasn't gonna' show Kentrell, I was just gonna' get them.

I put the yellow dress on the bottom cause I'm still getting it. Ima' either wear that one or my red one on my birthday. When we got to the register, he seen that I still had the yellow dress, he smacked his lips and looked at me.

I looked away, trying not to laugh. "I like it and you like it too."

After Kentrell paid for my clothes, we left, and went back to his house. Nobody was there, just us. "Dang we missed everyone? Where they go?" I asked Kentrell as we walked in. "They at the studio." Kentrell said.

"Oh." I muttered. "I guess its me and youuu. Let's play a game." I implied. "What kind of game?" Kentrell asked. "Any game. Like truth or dare, 21 questions, have you ever, would you rather, uno."

"Dirty Edition or regular?" He smirked, askingly. "What? There's dirty edition to Uno? And you know I cannot play the dirty edition of any game."

"Yeah you can. That's if you done some' yeen never did before." Kentrell implied.

"I'm a whole virgin. You cant barely do anything when you're one. And I'm scared because somebody I know said it hurts. Like what if I end up doing it, and it hurts?" When Lex told me that, that made me not even want to lose my virginity.

And of course I was gonna' make her anonymous. She said she didn't like her first time just because of that. But I wonder how my first time is gonna' be. Would I like it? Would I stop myself? I don't even know why I'm thinking about this.. I'm nowhere near married.

That's what my parents wanted, what if I ended up not getting married, and end up being a 40 Year Old virgin? That's not gonna' happen.

"You never know cause you never tried it." Kentrell shrugged his shoulders. "You know so much. Did you like your first time? Never mind cant ask you, of course you'd like it." I waved him off. I saw that he was forming a smirk too. I shook my head.

"Well, Malcolm and Michelle wanted me to wait until I'm married and I'm like what if I don't get married until I'm 50? I wont even get to have kids unless there's a miracle." Kentrell laughed after I said that.

"You gone have one before then." He put his hand over my belly, and tried to rub it. I smacked his hand, and he laughed. "I'm just playing." He said laughingly. I rolled my eyes.