CHAPTER SIX: FAKING IT

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Lyric, get up. Your mom is here." I gasped, and shot up out of my sleep. "Oh my gosh, I didn't wash my make up off! Ahh! I didn't take my clothes off!" I exclaimed. Kylie started laughing at me.

I frowned at her. "What's funny?" I asked. "You. They not even here yet." I rolled my eyes. She knew saying that was gonna' wake me up. I thrown the covers off of me, gotten off the bed, went to the bathroom, and took me a shower.

I washed my face and body good. But as I was washing my face, and body, I thought about what I was going to do when my mom tries to come get me.

I'll just act like I'm sick. She'll leave me alone, and let me stay at home, if I act sick. But my clothes.. What explanation do I have about my clothes?

That's when another idea slipped my mind. I'll act like I threw up on my clothes, and Desiree is washing them.

"Lyric! I'm dead a - I mean serious now. Your mama and daddy is pulling up." I almost fell in the shower, when Kylie said that. I turned it off, grabbed a towel, dried myself off, and changed into the gown Kylie gave me.

I picked up my attire from last night, and put them in the bag. I put the bag under Kylie sink, in the cabinets. I walked out the bathroom, went to her bed, and sat down. My eyes widen once I heard my parents voices.

"What are you going to do?!" Kylie panicked, in a whisper. "Pretend that I'm sick!" I got under the bed, and pulled the covers over me. "Hey Desiree, good morning. Is Lyric up?" I heard my mom say.

"Hey. I don't know, you're just gonna' have to see." Desiree implied. "Lyric!" I heard my mom's high pitched voice. I had to make up a cough, and a sneeze. "Yes?" I fake coughed.

"Lyric? Are you okay?" She asked, coming up the steps. "Yes I'm fine." I sniffled. She knocked on the door, then she opened it. I had let out another fake cough and sneeze.

"Oh my goodness. Lyric, why you're not dressed?" My mom asked. "I don't really feel too good.." She slowly took the covers from me. I turned my back, looking at the wall, while holding my stomach.

She reached over, and put her hand on my forehead. "You are a little warm. Come on get dress so I can take you home, and get you medicine." She tapped my arm.

"I can't get dressed, I messed my clothes up, I threw up this morning while waiting for you to pick me up." She smacked her lips, and sighed, after I said that.

I wanted to laugh so bad, my acting skills was too good.

"You wanna' come home or stay here again?" She asked. I was gonna' stay here so I can leave. I'm not about to be bored at home, staring at my mama's Big Ben clock.

"I'll just stay here again, Kylie doesn't mind." I looked over seeing Kylie frowning at me, then my mom looked at her, she changed her facial expression. "You sure? Is that fine with you, Kylie? I'll take Lyric if you're ready for her to go." My mom insisted.

I seen a smirk appear on her face. Oh lord.

"Oh yes it's fine. I get to spend more time with my god sister. And can you tell Ms. Margie I won't be coming to rehearsal, this morning? I have to go over my grandparents." Kylie said.