6 - Missing Mark ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

*in this book mark and Amy aren't dating. It fits with the plot*

Mark and I broke up a month ago. It shocked me, really. He said it wasn't working out because he thought he wasn't good enough for me. I was heartbroken, and I don't know what really happened but I spiralled into depression. I would cut my wrists with the blades stored in my bathroom cupboard, but as soon as those scars faded, I would make more.
The only reason I would leave the house was to earn money by singing. Yes I wrote my own songs but I would mostly sing covers, mostly Fall Out Boy because they're my absolute favourite band.
Tonight I'm going to my favourite restaurant to play at, because the people there actually appreciate it, even the old people.

I get into some grey, ripped jeans, a black singlet (or tank top whatever) and a blue denim jacket, and make my way to my small car, packing my guitar.

"Hey guys." I say to my "band members". I wouldn't really say band, because we're not a band but we sometimes perform together.
"What are we gonna do first."
"I reckon Young Volcanoes."
"Young Volcanoes it is then."

I get everything set up and start singing:

When Rome's in ruin,
We are the lions, free of the Colosseums
In poison places, we are anti-venom
We're the beginning, of the end

I see some familiar faces walk in the front door and make their way to a table. I wave to them and they wave back.

Tonight, the foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won

They take a seat and start staring at me, watching me sing.

We are wild
We are like young volcanoes
We are wild
Americana, exotica
Do you wanna feel a little beautiful, baby?

Come on, make it easy, say I never mattered
Run it up the flag pole,
We will teach you how to make boys next door out of assholes

A well built figure comes and sits at the table with them, but I can't see his face because of the hoodie he is wearing.

Tonight, the foxes hunt the hounds
And it's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won

I see Amy nudge the figure and he looks up to me.

We are wild
We are like young volcanoes
We are wild
Americana, exotica
Do you wanna feel a little beautiful, baby?

Oh shit. It's Mark. He looks at me with a longing expression, as if we were still together.
We stare at each other for a solid twenty seconds and I break away, singing the last verse.

We are wild
We are like young volcanoes
We are wild
Americana, exotica
Do you wanna feel a little beautiful, baby?

As soon as the song finishes I rush to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror. I can't believe he has the guts to look at me like that after how he broke up with me. Yes, I still have feelings for him but he obviously doesn't have any for me.
I fix up my hair and walk back out, telling my group what song we're gonna sing next. I want to give a message to Mark. I want him back.

"Miss Missing you. Fall Out Boy." I say, plugging in my guitar again.

The beat starts and Mark looks up once more, trying to avoid looking at me.

Don't panic
No, not yet
I know I'm the one you want to forget

Mark looks at me, staring straight into my eyes, as he realises what song this is.