17.

Pawing through Mason's desk, trying to find the notes he had conducted on Dallas and The Pentagon proved to be almost fruitless as I found nothing, seeing as Mason had a different black skinned note book for every case he made notes on, instead of putting it all in one journal like any other normal person would. I was just about to give up and drive straight to The Pentagon and walk through the front door to trade myself for my brother and Trent when I opened one of the final journals, only to find the title 'Wednesday 4th of June -- Kitsune in Chicago' and my hopes raised again as I flipped through the first few unused pages to land on the first page with Mason's familiar, heavy scrawl.

     'Kale is in a sticky situation with a Kitsune and a brothel used for the pleasure for monsters -- Trent and I had known nothing about Kale's role in this, nor that the brothel, entitled 'The Pentagon', even existed. This makes us bad hunters that we didn't know, but it doesn't change anything. We still need to shut it down.

     The Kitsune's name is Dallas, Dallas Braylen, and he's only young -- but he's vicious. More vicious than any other Kitsune I have ever encountered, and he is the owner of the monster brothel. I don't know how Kale got involved with The Pentagon, I guess that was her way of dealing with Hunting. She was never into the whole killing thing, but she did have to deal with knowing about things and I guess promiscuity has always been one of her strong suits.

     We need to kill him, stop him. Anything to keep him from hurting Kale, any of those other girls and any girls that will pass by in the future. He is a murderer. He is disgusting and if I don't end him, I sure as hell hope Dean and Sam pick up from where Trent and I left off. Not that I plan on dying or getting kidnapped or anything, Kale would 
kill us if that ever happened. She would literally bring us back from the dead and kill us all over again for doing something as stupid as what we're doing.

     Because it is stupid. We don't know how many people he has protecting him, we don't know anything about him other than that he's vicious, we don't know if its all for show or if he is strong. I don't want to find out, but to get my sister out of this, I have too. I love her, Kale is the only thing I have left of family. She made a bad decision, but she's a good person. She doesn't deserve to die for something like this, nobody does.

     We're going after him Thursday night. Kale's going out to dinner with Dean and the others -- I can tell her likes her, I haven't quite figured out how I feel about it but Kale's my sister, and if she's happy with him, I know that he'll protect her and look after her and love her like she deserves. As long as he doesn't tell her about the Djinn's in Indianapolis. But she's going out with them (Dean had a shitty excuse as to why he wanted her around, by the way) and Trent and I will just tell her we're hunting a Kitsune in Ohio.

     She's such a good girl, she's turned out brilliantly, seeing as she grew up without a mother and without a father for half of her life. If Trent and I don't make it back -- because I have a bad feeling about this case, the Kitsune is dangerous, deadly, but we're desperate. Kale means everything to both of us, her safety is everything -- but if we don't make it back, I want whoever reads this entry to tell Kale that it's okay, that it's not her fault. And that she should go with the Winchester's.

     All we want is for her to be safe and happy. Whether we are there for her or not.'

I had only read the introduction to the case before I slammed the journal shut and pushed it away from me, tears already brimming in my eyes. It was all my fault. They just wanted me to be safe and alive, so much so that they didn't even care if they died in the process. But I did. I cared. I cared if they died, because I didn't know how to go on without Mason or even Trent. Mason had been looking after me for years, I didn't know what to do if he wasn't around to do that anymore. I would lose it. I ignored the part in the overview of the case about Dean and I and the Djinn's in Indianapolis, I would deal with that later, it was unrelated to the task at hand.

I brushed the tears away from my eyes and was about to take the journal back in my hands when there was a timid knock on Mason's bedroom door and I turned in his desk chair and looked up into the sad face of Dean Winchester, "Pack your bags," He said, without even a hello.

"Where are we going?" I wasn’t just about to pack up and leave Chicago when Mason and Trent were still missing, possibly dead, but well within Dallas Braylen’s company.

"We’re getting you the hell out of dodge before he can hurt you too," Dean replied, his tone low and fierce, a tone not many people would reckon with. But I was one of those people that would reckon with it.

"Let him," I seethed, "I’m the one that he wants anyway! He only has them because he’s trying to get to me! If we give him me, he might give Trent and my brother back!," Dean didn't seem to be budging, especially as he grabbed my elbow and pulled me out of the chair, "Don’t you care?!" I yelled.

"No!" He shouted back, surprising me, "No, Kale, I don’t freaking care about Mason and Trent! I care about you and getting you out of here safe and in one piece!”

I couldn’t help staring back in complete and utter shock, “How can you be so selfish?”

His grip slackened on my arm as he dropped it and ran a hand through his hair and over his stubbly face before looking at me, his own eyes watery and looking as if he was about to cry. I held my breath as he opened his mouth to speak, "Look, Kale, eight years ago I made your brother a promise that I would do whatever it would take to look after you if something happened to him, and that's what I'm trying to do. Don't make me break my promise, please," He whispered the last part and my heart thudded in my chest, a single tear rolled out of his eye and down his cheek and made my thudding heart break in several different pieces, cutting into my body like pieces of smashed glass.

I stayed silent, all I could hear was my heart beat thudding in my ears and Dean's heavy breathing. I watched the tear roll down his cheek and onto his chin before it dripped off into nothingness and I had to look away, blinking back my own horrible tears. Apart from the fact that I was already feeling like crying, seeing someone else cry had always made me cry and I couldn't hold back several of the water drops as they trickled out of my eyes and I looked back at Dean who looked so utterly helpless.

I don't know if I consciously decided to do what I did next, but by the time I realized what I was doing, it was too late to stop it. And I didn't know if I wanted to anyway. But I found myself closing the distance between Dean and I's bodies, and pressing mine up against his as our lips met in a passionate embrace. Our lips moved in sync and our tongues swirled together in a heated passion and I found myself clutching at his shoulder blades as his hands pressed onto my cheeks tightly.

By the time we parted, I was breathing as heavy as Dean had been and he leaned his forehead against mine, "You can keep me safe by keeping me here, please," I whispered, my hot breath fanning out over Dean's lips. He stayed silent for a long time and when he spoke, he didn't really speak, but instead just pressed his lips against mine again, losing ourselves in a tangled web of thoughts and each other.

Sorry I haven't updated in over a week and sorry this kind of sucks, but I thought it was cute. I hope you liked it anyway. Feel free to comment XO