Blizzard

I decide to stay in the fortress for a little while, just long enough to search the immense library for ideas on how to leave this Desert. The wolf often wanders off, returning as the sun sets I begin to lose hope that there was no way to leave. At least no known way. Besides losing your life that is. And that won't be happening any time soon.
I hear something or someone banging on the front door. The wolf perked her ears, she had stayed with me since another blizzard was lashing the area. I walk down the long halls, navigating with ease after residing in the fortress for a little under a week. As I approach the front entrance the banging was coming from I could hear the wind battling out side.
I swing open the door,"Hey Hestia."
"Hey Kara, can I come in?"
"Sure." I step aside so she can enter quickly shutting the heavy door and sliding a bolt into the lock.
Hestia shakes snow from the hood of her cloak,"What happened to Sage?"
"Oh, her uh." I pause scratching the back of my neck.
"So you killed her." Hestia guessed,"I must say, I'm mildly impressed."
"Thanks?" I have no idea how to respond to that one.
Hestia smiled at me a nods, shaking more snow from her cloak.
"So, what brings you here?" I inquire.
"The weather." I nod,"The blizzards are always worse here, but I was stuck on the mountains."
"Right. How long do these last?"
Hestia shrugged,"It varies, some can last over a week, others barley last a few hours."
"Fun. Follow me." I turn and head down a hall to a small bedroom I had found a few days ago,"You can stay here till the blizzard ends."
"Thanks Kara." I shrug it off. I turn and return to the library, reopening the heavy manuscript and tried to resume reading except my mind wouldn't comprehend a single word. Puzzling symbols stared me in the face daring me to comprehend their familiar forms. I tried again, my brain felt akin to used chewing gum, the puzzles regarded me coldly.
With a frustrated sigh I slam the book shut, before I fully comprehend what I am doing I am standing on a balcony and taking flight. I fought against the blustering winds which were appalled that someone dare battle them. I battled my way up into the clouds, finally reaching the uppermost layer of cloud. I burst into the sky, water droplets clinging to me as the air around me erupted into colorful flame. I glided below a green flame. Later I danced beside the blue, laughter bursting from me as I twirled beside the flames. Before I returned to my fortress I raced along the purple underside of the fire. I loathed the idea of battling the fierce winds again, but I loathed the idea of staying out in the storm more.
I dipped below the clouds fighting against the fierce gale. When I was once again inside with the doors shuttered, then I noticed the shimmering film upon the world. I blinked a few times, there was no water in my eyes. The odd film shifted and danced, refusing to settle. "What is this?" I swat my hands at where it seems to hang like a veil, coming into contact with a ghostly thin material.
I slowly lift my hand feeling the material slide over my hand like water.
Carefully I push the thin veil to the side, behind it lay another such curtain. I walk forwards push that one to the side, another and another. I ran forwards through a few more, more follow. As I sprint I realize I hadn't moved from my original position. I also realized that I was surrounded on all sides by the strange things. The material pulsed in an unseen wind from an unseen escape. I was trapped. I begin to panic where am I?
Why can't I find my way out?
What is going on?
I began to question my sanity.
I question my safety. Now I can feel my self spiralling downwards. I can feel my self falling.
But what does it matter? I can feel my mind, my heart, my motivation, my very identity slip through my fingers like moon light through the sky.
Who am I?
This Desert has changed me yet it remains unsatisfied. It must be me. Make me or end me. I am trapped in a never ending spiral, an unending prison.
No hope, yet an infinite amount of the stuff pours into me.
No sight, yet images fill me, cramming themselves into my mind.
No sound, yet there is no silence for me to hear.
No emotion, yet all I feel is fear.
No fear, for everything is suddenly filling me, becoming me.
Some one has placed the world upon my shoulders and I don't feel ready.
Yet here I am. Here I stand, I think I can face it, but will I make it?

*******
Hey guys! Over one hundred views, I'm so happy! Thanks for reading this story, I know it's not very good and it gets really strange at times.
Also, I might not update for a few days, don't freak out.
Please vote! (Thanks to those of you who do!)
Comment?
Please enjoy!