,FOUR

FOUR

i slowly opened my eyes, my head extremely aching, and tried to look at my sorroundings:
although my sight was a bit blurry, i could realize that i surely wasn't in my room, but a dark red velvet allowance was what welcomed my awakening.

an allowance that was filled with a very strong scent of cologne, a scent that made me scrunch my nose for some weird reason, my head slowly moving back and forth.

the room was also very dark and silent, it scared me a bit.

guess i'm in hell, then.

an unknown face suddenly popped up from nowhere and stared at me, his stare literally hollowing my soul.

«oh, you're awake!»

the black haired male exclaimed with a sincere smile.
he's features reminded me the ones of a bunny, he really looked gentle and nice.

a slight frown then appeared on his face, he scouted closer to me and placed his index finger at the height of my eyes - moving it from left to right

«are you okay, tho? can you see me?
hope taeyong didn't hurt you while bringing you here..»

he said whispering the last part of the sentence, placing both his hands on his tights and sighing.

taeyong.

who's taeyong?
who's this young man?
where am i?
how am i related to them?

lots of questions were roaming around my mind while trying to get up from the bed i was lying in, but eventually failing:
i felt seriously weak.

i started panicking, wondering why was my body reacting in this way.
a scared expression slowly crepted on my face, quickly getting the male's attention who grabbed my shoulders and softly whispered a calm 'it's okay'

«don't worry, this is the side effect of travelling across a painting.
you'll be better in no time!»

i nodded at his affirmation, his positivity helping me as well.
i felt like i could trust this guy, although i still didn't know his name.

i was about to ask him, but the sharp sound of an old door being opened, stopped me from doing so.
we both turned towards the source of the fastidious sound and saw another boy making his entrance: his hair colour was just as red as this room and his gaze made me shiver - i was honestly mesmerized by his looks.

«hey doyoung, has the girl woke up already?»

red hair asked with nonchalance, while grabbing a chair and placing it next to the so called doyoung, his arms placed on the back of the wood chair

«yes, taeyong.
hope you didn't hurt her.»

oh, he's taeyong.

«why should i?
anyway now that she's here, i seriously hope that weirdo won't wine anymore.»

a lively laugh escaped from doyoung's lips as he playfully hit the latter's arm.

at first i didn't know who was the weirdo they were talking about, but as soon as i noticed the way they dressed and the way this large room looked - i understood that i was here because of lucas.

«i actually think he'll be mad haha...
we brought her here without her permission.»

silence.

both of them set their eyes on me,
i looked back at them with a questioning look.

«it's gonna be a surprise, then.»

[...]

after recovering from the "journey", taeyong and doyoung offered to do a tour of their castle for me - since i was probably going to stay here for awhile anyway.

i really felt like a tourist as we slowly walked through the infinite number of aisles; the palace mainly coloured in beige, gold, white and brown.
walls full of paintings and high ceilings from which rows and rows of chandeliers hung up.

giant windows faced the green meadow, in which i saw the same white horses i saw about a day ago - familiar faces standing beside them:

right there they stood, mark, ten and jungwoo.

i quickly ran towards the glass window, my hands on it and my eyes glued on what was shown outside of it.
an happy and warm feeling filling me up as i automatically smile, wanting to go and play with them.

«no, you can't. lucas might see you.»

taeyong said, placing his hand on my right shoulder.

«and if you're wondering why lucas can't see you for now, is because he might think that we-»

«don't worry, i understand.»

i calmly said, interrupting doyoung.

i wonder how he will react when he'll get to see me here.
will he be happy? or will he be angry?

he wanted me to come into his world after all, so he can't be disappointed.

and i also always desired to be part of a painting, an additional character who's coming from a place, an era that looks nothing like this one.

never in my life i thought that my wish would come to pass.
i'm still in the process of absorbing everything, although it still looks like a dream - something unreal and unexpected.
an unbelievable situation that can only be seen in a fantasy book, but eventually became possible for me.

taeyong cleared his throat, bringing me back to reality - if this can be called so - he started walking towards another alley and turned towards both me and doyoung saying

«lets go, you can't stay here while wearing those inelegant clothes.
jaehyun and sicheng are already waiting for us in the dress room...»

unedited.