,SIX

SIX

i hid myself behind one of the many doors, my head peeking out a bit as i stared at the busy alleys of the second floor of the palace.
numerous maids and butlers kept walking back and forth, carrying loads of fancy stuff, shouting at each other,
a sense of tension filling the already thick atmosphere.

«take the glasses at the first floor!»

«the parquet has to shine brighter than your futures!»

«all the guest must wear a mask or else they can't attend to the party!»

this were the sentences that i randomly heard from time to time, mentally slapping myself while trying hard not to laugh at the sight in front of me.
all this mess because of a simple birthday: a cake with burning candles and my dear ones next to me, would be enough to enjoy my prosperous life.

honestly all this exaggeration was unnecessary.

my attention was then caught by a young lady dressed differently than the others, her uniform was way more prettier, just like her.
she was slowly walking towards the hall of the castle, while transporting a big black box from which i could see seven beautiful masks: full of small details, all characterized by seven different colours, perfectly matching the future owners of them.

i could easily tell because i saw a dark red velvet one, immediately associating it with taeyong's room and hair.

i finally decided to close the door, heading towards the glass window and sitting down in front of it:
the bright hot sun was ready to leave his throne to the majestic moon,
a changing of mood,
signaling that the fascinating night was about to rule the rest of the day.

i kept staring at the sight in front of me, various thoughts finding their way to my mind: i thought about my life beyond this marvelous painting and how i would honestly give up on that one, just to stay here forever.

no matter how much i thought about going back to reality, my feet won't move and although this was kind of dangerous for both me and for who lived next to me, i couldn't care less.

everything seemed so perfect here,
a perfection that was obviously an illusion well created by skillful slender hands.
something made for fools to fall in love with, just like me who wants to even spend the rest of my existence in this ethereal place.

a strong hold on my left shoulder suddenly brought me back to reality.
i turned around only to face a shy mark: he came to escort me to the dressing room, he also said that the party would start in a couple of hours.

time to get ready, then.

in a few minutes we made our entrance in the location mentioned before, all the guys — except for lucas, obviously — waiting for us at the center of the allowance.

«good timing guys!
irene, seat here please.»

jaehyun exclaimed, while patting a soft creamy coloured chair placed in front of a giant mirror.

since i was already dressed for the great occasion, the only things left were the make up and the hair.

i slowly sat down while staring at my clear reflection, my eyes fixed on it.