,TWENTY-FOUR

TWENTY-FOUR

❝it looked like the end ofa beautiful love story

it looked like the end of
a beautiful love story.

...

when i woke up, we were on our way heading to the palace, while being chased by a larger group of unknown citizens.
i then remembered taeil asking for other cities' help, which made things worse for us.

observing better i also noticed that we ran inline with the guys: it looked like they changed their mind at the very last minute and maybe decided to change history by saving themselves.

we finally arrived at the well said place, it was too silent and empty, probably the maids and the butlers went back home to their families.

«lucas, is time to implement our plan.»

taeyong said nodding as he got off his horse and prepared to challenge the incoming crowd of angry people.

the other five kings did so as well, without first bowing down to me — their heads low.

«irene, let's go!»

the blonde male demanded while stretching out his hand, his lips forming a straight line.

i shook my head, not wanting to follow him because i knew something unpleasant was going to happen and all i wanted in that moment, was to run from it as soon as i could.

but it seemed like he wasn't really in the mood of using his patience on me, so he simply carried me and threw me over his shoulder, ignoring the fact that i kept punching his strong back.

«stop being childish, we're doing all this for your sake. try to be a little bit considerate.»

he blurted out fastly, already climbing the steps and heading to the third floor.

i let my arms down, surrendering to him.
i stared at the dark alley and understood what the sudden plan was all about: tears started forming at the corner of my eyes, as my lungs desperately craved for air to breathe

«omg, please no!
don't do this to me, i beg you!»

i shouted so loudly, that probably even the ones outside could clearly hear me.

lucas didn't react at all and kept doing his business.
he took his golden key out of his pocket and slowly opened the big door that brought us into the collection room.
after turning on the lights, as the mirrors turned into paintings, he put me down, dragging me to the center of the allowance.

we stopped in front of my home's canvas, where kun was already waiting for us, compassion fully displayed on his face.

«c'mon lucas, i promised you that--»

«weren't you the one who said that promises were made to be broken?»

he asked chuckling bitterly.

«so please, accept this in remembrance of me...»

he said softly, taking my right hand while putting a golden ring on my ring finger and placing a kiss on it.

i stared at him speechless, i didn't know what to say, what to think, what to do.
this were probably my last moments with him and i couldn't really do anything.

after dashing me such a beautiful gift, he grabbed my shoulders and took me right in front of the frame of the painting, my back facing it.
he took a good look at me, smiling like an idiot in the process of the action.

«it was a pleasure loving you, my queen.»

then he kissed me for the last time, while pushing me through the canvas, letting me slowly fall in kun's warm arms.

the same moment my body trespassed both dimensions, the whole work of art started immediately catching fire, from the bottom frame.

i automatically panicked and went towards it, eventually burning my fingers, but i didn't care: the only contact between me and my lover was disappearing and i couldn't permit that.

and while i was too busy saving the portal, lucas just stood there, behind the high flames, hysterically laughing.
such a contrast on his face since he began to cry as well.

«why on earth are you laughing? stop being stupid and cease the fire!»

i cried out and kun took me away from the burning mess, its ashes flying past me.

«irene, stop acting like a crazy person. it must end this way.»

my brother said, trying to calm me down, but instead he made me angrier and more desperate.

i kept screaming the blonde's name as the fire ate up everything, the last thing dissolving being his beautiful green eyes.

«oh Lord, he's gone! he's gone!»

«irene, please calm down!»

i escaped kun's grip and ran to the now empty wall, touching it and hoping that this was just a terrible nightmare, but unfortunately it wasn't.

falling on my knees, i realized everything.
they had all this in mind ever since taeyong dragged me into their problematic era and now

the painting was really gone.

our world was gone.

he was gone.

FIN