,TWELVE

TWELVE

«irene... irene...
c'mon wake up!!»

a voice kept yelling, my body being continuously shaken by a strong grip.

it couldn't be a dream, too touchy and loud to be a simple illusion.
i opened my eyes wide, startling an insistent doyoung, who's expression softened as he saw my clearly bothered one.

why is he the one who's always waking me up?

i wondered, without even realizing that the boy was dragging me out of my bed.
he then pushed me out of the room, heading downstairs.

i caught a glimpse of what the windows showed us: no signs of neither the sun or the clouds, we were surely in the middle of night.

«why are you disturbing my precious sleep?»

i asked a bit annoyed, with a sleepy voice, my eyes half closed and my weight entirely moved by doyoung's strong arms.

«we're leaving the palace.
can you please move faster please? you're not that light to push.»

he simply said chuckling, trying to make me walk faster down the long stairs.

leaving the palace.

leaving the palace.

suddenly yesterday's inconvenience came into my mind, reminding me of the plan the guys were sorting out.

«oh yeah, we're going to sicheng's parents' palace.»

i mumbled

«did you say something, irene

«no, nothing at all.»

we reached the silent hall, only to meet the rest of the guys.
some of them seemed to be bothered as well, while others looked like they were about to start a long ass ride full of adventures and wonders.

i stared at my surroundings, still not fully awake. i trailed behind doyoung, dragging my feet, who was now walking towards the small group.

i leaned on hyorin's shoulder, secretly glaring at each and every one of them.

i can be very sensitive, if i don't get the right amount of sleep.

«the luggages are in the first carriage. we'll use the second one, let's go.»

taeyong calmly said, waving his right hand as a sign that we had to follow him.

we exited the palace and right there, were two dark blue carriages: one full of boxes and whatsoever and the other one completely empty.
we entered the empty vehicle and made ourselves comfortable, the horses instantly moving as we all did.

during what looked like a very long trip, no one dared to talk.
the sun was still far away from showing up and the only sound heard was the one of the horses running through the path full of stones.

i felt my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier, till i finally gave up and let myself travel to dreamland in peace.

[...]

«sicheng, my baby boy!»

a sentence shouted by an high feminine voice was enough to make me jump on my seat.

we reached our destination.

the sun rays were shining bright, their light trespassing the veichle's "windows".

the first thing i saw, was lucas standing right in front of the now open carriage, patiently waiting for me to wake up.

«did you sleep well?»

he asked with a warm smile. i nodded, smiling politely at the boy, who mouthed a low "good" right before looking at the sight in front of him.

i slowly came down, rubbing my eyes as i saw sicheng being hugged by a middle-aged woman.

she kept squealing in happiness, while pinching the guy's cheeks, making the others teasingly laugh at the duo.

«aahh.. my baby gets more handsome, day by day!»

the woman kept saying, ruffling the blonde's hair.

she then shifted her gaze to the others and hugged them one by one, treating them like they were all her children.

she must be her mother,
so pretty, so kind
just like her son.

after greeting lucas as well, she suddenly stopped, staring at me with a questionable look.
her lips were now in a "o" like shape as she tried, invane, to recall my identity.

«who's this pretty girl, guys ?
i've never seen her before.»

the queen asked joining her hands together, her smile becoming wider.

«she's a new friend, mom»

«ooh, welcome to our palace my dear.
i'm sicheng's mother,
along my husband i used to rule over the northern part of the nation !»

she said pulling me in a warm and tight hug.

while she kept complementing my appearance and asking me questions about myself, we heard heavy footsteps coming towards us.
we all turned at our right and saw a young boy running to sicheng and instantly jumping on him

«i missed you so much, bro!»

the dark haired boy said, the blonde's younger brother i guess.
sicheng greeted him back and if i'm not wrong, the brother's name was renjun.

after all the chatting, a few butlers made their appearance, communicating that the guests' rooms were ready and that we were able to get access to them.

the queen happily invited us to enter the palace, while her younger son kept bouncing around, excited because of our arrival.
he must have really missed the guys.

after making our entrance and acknowledging the presence of sicheng's father, we went straight to our rooms, my body falling on the soft king-sized bed as hyorin spread the curtains wide, the allowance brightened instantly.

«why did we leave the palace?»

«safety reasons.»

my new roommate simply stated, while being engaged in arranging her stuff on the table.

i didn't insist on the matter, since it looked like she wasn't going to do so as well.

i stood up and walked to the glass window: green, green everywhere.
will i ever be able to see my precious giant towers at least one more time? who knows.

and although something made me think me that we wouldn't stay here for long, i still tried to think positive and enjoy this unscheduled "holiday".

unedited.

forgive me for
my absence, imusm.