,TWENTY-THREE

TWENTY-THREE

it was past 2AM when the nobles came.
i tried to calm them down, their excitement could be heard even at the tent and no one wanted that.

«everyone is ready, they insisted on the way coming.»

taeyong whispered pointing at the large amount of weaponed people behind him.
all really came and just because of a small attack, how honorable.

i let all the kings, except for lucas, inside the refuge, not minding the fact that the citizens were tired and sleepy.
i then ran towards the blonde male and got on his horse, alongside him, ready to start the battle.

it didn't took long and soon we started hearing screams coming from the allowance, the guys seemed to have no mercy since the first person who came out was an already injured soldier that eventually died in front of our eyes.

when lucas gently hit the horse's side, the men behind us started running towards the place, just to satisfy their will of protecting their kingdom.
and the plan looked like it would work for sure, because the look i saw on taeil's face was enough to understand that we really caught them off guard.

«why are you not fighting with them?»

i asked the guy who sat behind me.

his breathing was steady, unlike mine: i actually felt like suffocating and his heartbeat was calm, making me wonder how was he so confident.

«well, because before doing so... i have to do something very important.»

he simply answered.

i didn't ask further informations, his first answer already gave me bad vibes.
so i just gave up.

not minding the fact that the history teacher kept cursing me, for i betrayed them. i stared at the on going massacre without even blinking - such things were hard to forget.

then jungwoo jogged towards us, panting because of the fatigue.
he moved his hands as if he were to drive us away and that was actually what he meant

«bro, you can go! we'll take care of everything for the main time.»

he assured as he came closer and placed his hand on mine

«it was a pleasure meeting you.»

and after that lucas bid goodbye to his mate and hit the horse, which started running to the opposite direction we were.
with panic pervading my tensed body, i turned towards the blonde male, trying to get some clear explanation. but instead, he kept looking the road in front of us, not even glancing at me.

i thought about all the possible reasons why we would leave the field and let the others work alone, without having results.

«if you're wondering, we're heading to the palace. but first we have to stop at the cathedral.»

he firmly said, inciting the horse to go faster.

the first thing i noticed, when we entered the big church was the pope and some bishops standing next to him.
bright smiles were plastered on their faces as they welcomed us, instructing us to come to the altar.

lucas grabbed my hand and did as they suggested, while a maid approached us with a long red vest, while another one came with a golden box.

«irene could you knee down, please?»

he gently said and i nodded, although i was a bit confused about everything.