,EIGHT

EIGHT

«let's get it!»

mark shouted as he pat the horse's thigh, inciting it to go faster.
if he only had one euro for every time he said that specific sentence, he would be even richer than he already was.

we all decided to go for a ride, the boys affirmed that there were lots of things to see and do, so i agreed to join them in this short adventure.

i lightly pat my horse as well, which immediately reacted to my touch — sprinting towards, as i surpassed the other guys, running next to an excited lucas, who didn't look like he would let me lead the race.

«catch me if you can!»

the blonde male boldly shouted while looking directly at me, a mischievous smile appearing on his face.

i slowly nodded, accepting his challenge.
i kept trailing behind him, my eyes a little bit covered by my hair as they were being messed up by the wind, but still managed to keep my gaze on the male in front of me.

i was a bit uncomfortable because of the dress, but it wasn't a big deal.
the only thing that mattered in that moment was to win.
i had to win.

the race went on for a while.
the loud voices of the others slowly disappeared along with the fast steps of the quadrupeds, the last thing heard being “hey, you're taking the wrong way!”.

or i guess that was what my ears caught.

i tried to speed up and soon reached my opponent

«did you hear what the others said?»

i asked lucas, who totally ignored my question

«hey, i'm talking to you-»

«we're just taking a different path, chill out.»

he calmly answered smiling.
we then entered a small pathway, endless trees sorrounding it, the ground being covered by white irregular stones.

silent reigned in that moment, the only sound heard were the clogs of the horses steadily hitting the long path.

without even doing it on purpose, the thought of kun and my parents came into my mind: i wonder if they noticed my absence, if they've already started searching for me or whatever.

«lucas...»

i called out.
he turned around humming, a sign that he was waiting for me to speak

«what if my family notice that i'm no where to be found?»

i asked curiously. he blinked a couple of times before clearing his throat, his attention back to the road.

«a day in a painting corresponds to a minute in your real life. if you're good at maths, you'll surely know that your family is not worrying about you right now.»

he kindly answered.

«if i were you, i would start worrying about it when the days will suddenly become months and the months will become years