,SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN

surrender to our destiny and let fate take control...
although it was something natural and inevitable, i just couldn't understand how people seemed to be completely controlled by something, someone higher and more powerful.

or maybe this only appealed for people like the guys, since humans like me had a mind, will and emotions which were the fruit of our way of being.

i glanced at lucas, realizing that my thoughts weren't wrong at all: what was i thinking? he was just a painting after all. what will could a imaginary character have?

i then stood up, grabbing his gun and went towards the door.
i walked faster, as i felt a tight grip on my wrist - the blonde male stared at me with pleading eyes, he was clearly against me stepping out of the room.

«leave me, can't a fully grown-up woman do what she thinks is the best?»

i asked, anger taking over my voice which made him flinch.

i sighed and exited the allowance, without waiting for his possible answer: it's not like he was going to say anything anyway.

my eyes met the same confusion we left not a long while ago, but this time the amount of corpses gently laying on the floor dangerously increased. a nauseous, yet sad feeling filling me up.

i carefully walked through the hall, bumping into wannabe killers from time to time.

looking at my sorroundings i anxiously searched for sicheng's assassin. my blood boiled just at the simple thought of that cruel man.

trying to cover my ears because of the loud sound of the bullets being shot, i tip-toed to the row of seats on which the rebels previously sat:

there standing were that same man and ten, who had his hands behind his head and a rifle pointed at his left temple.
his eyes grew wider after noticing my presence, his expression clearly screaming for help.

i got his message right away and went closer to the man, unaware of me, as he continued threatening the lavander haired boy.

i charged the gun and placed it behind the man's head, at the center of it - the mouth of the weapon brushing his dark hair.
the male instinctively dropped his weapon and rose both of his arms, as if he were to show me that he was now harmless.

«you've killed enough for today. don't you think?»

i asked whispering in his ear, the fresh memory of sicheng's dead body suddenly flashing in my mind.

the middle aged man, who didn't seem to be affected at all, just scoffed. a lively, yet scaring laugh escaping his lips.

«do you really think someone like me would be afraid of a woman?
oh c'mon, stop playing around and put that gun down.»

that wasn't the answer i was expecting to be honest.
i looked at ten with furrowed eyebrows, he just shrugged it off and mouthed something like

"people are a bit sexist in this era"

frowning at his explanation, i charged the gun one more time, pressing its mouth on the man's head.

«wow, an assassin and a sexist.
what a great combo we have here!»

i exclaimed with sarcasm, but my future victim only seemed to get angrier at each word i would say.

suddenly his hands reached his hidden pockets, he then took out a boxcutter as he turned around trying to hit me with it.
i rapidly walked backwards, avoiding his attacks, while i thought of the right time to shoot him.

the whole thing kept going on for a few minutes, when ten suddenly screamed "now!"

i pressed the trigger with my eyes closed and soon after, the man fell on the ground along with my gun.

i always knew that those kind of weapons were heavy and powerful, but i wasn't expecting such a thing.

the short boy came next to me and patted my shoulder, whispering encouraging words

«thank you for taking revenge for our dear king, irene...»

i fell on my knees, reaching out for my gun while the "battle" seemed to keep going on.

after standing up, my eyes met the ones of a terrified chenle, who quickly went to his leader as he shook his body, hoping to hear his voice.

«he's dead. i killed him.»

i said emotionless. i should also take revenge for hyorin as well, but just the thought of taking a child's life would make my heart ache, even if that child was a murderer.

the young boy stared back at me with tears already running across his flushed cheeks, shouting incomprensible words at me.

he cried out loud, the sound of his soothing voice soon overtaking the ones of the bullets and the bayonets, attracting the attention of the others, who one by one stopped harming each other.

in the blink of an eye, we were sorrounded by both the citizens and the nobles and for the first time ever everyone shared the same pitiful expression.

suddenly the fighting crowd was on the same side,
suddenly i was the cause of this great loss,
suddenly i became the straw that broke the vase.

«retreat! retreat!»

one of them then screamed as all the rebels immediately exited the hall, running for their life.

the big allowance was now silent and filled with the only presence of the blue bloods, who clearly weren't happy about the whole situation, although they still managed to thank me for remembering their sovereign in such a courageous way.

my gaze fell on my hands stained with blood, i threw away the weapon i was holding and started crying again.

lucas ran to me, hugging me as he tried his best to comfort me.
he continued assuring me that i did the right thing and everyone were grateful because of that, kissing me during the process.

yes. what i did was cool, but looking more at it, i actually gained nothing.

unedited.

tysm for 18k reads,
y'all too much for me 💚