TWENTY TWO

Oscar extended his arm as Ximena picked up her head to lay on his chest. Her hands softly went up and down, drawing small patterns on his skin as his hands were busy playing in her hair.

"I didn't expect my first time to be like that," Ximena broke the silence, staring at nothing.

"Well, what did you expect it to be like?"

"I don't know, like, just in and out then boof," her mouth and hands mimicking an explosion for drama.

Oscar chuckled, shaking his head.

"You said you loved me," Ximena blurted out, wanting to address it immediately.

"I did," he replied, his hands still in her hair.

She looked up at him, their eyes meeting, "I love you too."

He smiled softly, his hand going from her hair to her cheek, "I know."

When she opened her mouth to reply, Oscar's phone began ringing obnoxiously. He reached over, grabbing his pants. Ximena sat up as he answered, beginning to redress.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Where are you?"

"And you have eyes on him?"

"Good, I'll see you when I get home." Oscar hung up the phone, sighing as he ran his hands over his face.

Ximena pulled her shirt over her head, crawling back onto the bed. She wrapped her arms around Oscar's shoulders, "Who was that?"

"Cesar."

"Is he okay?"

"He handled things with that chocha, Latrelle," Oscar answered, pulling his jeans over his legs.

"So, they talked things out?" Ximena raised an eyebrow, tilting her head.

Oscar stood up, laughing. He grabbed his shirt, pulling it over his head.

"What did Cesar do?"

"Like I said," Oscar quickly finished dressing, like he was in a rush, "he handled it. There won't be no more problems."

"Don't tell me you-" Ximena cut herself off, shaking her head as she looked up at Oscar, "You had Cesar kill him?!"

"What else was he supposed to do?" Oscar questioned, raising his voice, "He got a gun pulled on him, you can't just let that shit go."

"I can't believe you," Ximena threw her hands up, looking away from him, feeling disgust rise in her abdomen.

"Why is this such a shock to you? Sabe quien soy, lo que soy," Oscar pointed to himself, hitting his chest, "this is what Santos do." Ximena kept quiet, feeling herself beginning to cry as she walked away from Oscar. He grabbed her arm, pulling her back towards him, "Oh, I'm sorry, or did you just forget that your jevo is in a gang? Shit like this happens all the time."

"You're revolting," Ximena could feel tears stream down her face as she looked up at him.

"I don't know what you expected out of me," Oscar spit, "I'm no different from the day you met me."

"You're hurting me," she spoke, gesturing to the grip he had on her arm. He let go of her, backing away. Oscar grabbed his car keys off of the dresser, pushing past Ximena before quickly going up the stairs and slamming the door shut behind him.

i have another oscar fic in works kiddos (: