ELEVEN

iMessage
Saturday, November 15th. 11:27 A.m

hows your hand

youve been avoiding me for like two weeks
and the first thing you ask about
is my hand.
cool.

i wasnt avoiding you

whatever
my hands fine
im fine too if you were wondering
but you probably weren't

actually i was and
good

stop it

stop what?

that

im not even doing anything

exactly!

im confused

why are you being weird?
is this because we kissed

no
yes
idk

so did you not want to kiss me
or something
ew im a bad kisser.
aren't i

i did i just wasn't expecting it

you avoided my comment
about me being a bad kisser
and what?

you're not a bad kisser and
i dont know it didnt seem
like you were really feeling me
i just wasn't expecting it

that doesn't explain
why you havent talked to me

ive just been busy with stuff

what 'stuff'

santo stuff

k.

dont k me

sorry i just didnt know taking
two seconds out of your
'busy' day to send one text would
get in the way of santo stuff

im sorry
Read at 12:16

"Wow," Olivia shook her head, scrolling through her sister's, "what a dickhead."

"I know right," Ximena agreed, taking the phone, "like sorry I kissed you and you weren't ready for it? I'll plan it out more throughly next time, give you a schedule."

"So, you're not gonna answer him?"

"Nope," Ximena shook her head, "I don't see a point."

Olivia nodded her head, standing up from her sister's bed, "We should go upstairs. Monse's been left with Jasmine for too long." The two headed upstairs, seeing Jamal and Ruby sitting on the living room.

"Hey," Ximena greeted. Jamal looked over his shoulder, waving but stopped when Olivia waved back.

Ximena whispered to her sister, "Does anyone else know that you kissed Cesar?"

"Nope, just you," Olivia replied, opening her bedroom door to see Jasmine using her perfume.

She snatched it out of the girl's hands, "I didn't say you could use that!"

Jasmine shrugged, "Girlfriends are supposed to let each other borrow each other's things."

When the doorbell rang, Ximena rushed out the room, not wanting to be apart of any conversation involving Jasmine. She pushed Ruby out of the way, placing her hand on the knob before opening it. At the door was Oscar, a stern look on his face.

Ximena groaned, beginning to close the door but Oscar held his hand out, pushing it back open, "Someone shot one of the homies, is Cesar here?"

"Nope," Ximena answered, "bye now."

She attempted to close the door again, only for Oscar to force it open, "Well he's not answering the phone." In the distance, loud police sirens began ringing.

Jamal yelled from the couch, "Cesar doesn't have a phone! It broke."

Oscar nodded his head, looking from the boy to Ximena, "Aight, I'll go. Tell Cesar I'm looking for him."

"Whatever," Ximena sighed, slightly disappointed, before closing the door.

"Bad breakup?" Ruby asked, a fake pout on his face, causing Ximena to flip him off. Suddenly the door opened again, Oscar slamming it shut behind him.

"This is a mandatory lockdown!" The police car outside stated, "Everyone must remain in doors until further notice."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."