II. TWELVE

iMessage
Oscar
9:14 A.M.

i see you're still fucking ignoring me
i don't what you think you saw last night but it wasn't anything.
i was getting a fucking ride home
from a friend.
if you don't choose to believe me
then that's on you.

Read at 9:16A.M.

Ximena slammed her hand on the table out of frustration, making everyone jump. She looked up, putting her phone down, "Sorry."

"Your Santo still not answering?" Jasmine joked, tilting her head as she laid it on top of her hands.

"Shut it," Ximena pointed at her, no comical tone in her voice.

Jasmine rolled her eyes, "Anyway, other than little miss attitudes drama, What's on the agenda? Cleaning some green?"

The past couple of weeks had been hard on everyone, especially this money situation. Since Jamal found the money, they couldn't exactly use it. Since the money was so old, most of the bills have been changed and spending that kind of money would raise too much suspicion. They had to find a way to be able to clean the money, but not too much at once, because that would also create unwanted questions.

Jamal gasped, jumping back as he looked at her, "How do you even know?"

Jasmine grabbed the book Jamal used to write his ideas in and held it up. The page read in big black marker, "Agenda: Clean some green!"

Everyone gave Jamal an annoyed look as he shrugged, "What? I'm a visual thinker!"

"Don't get your chonies in a twist, ain't nobody worried about a few dollars. It's not a few dollars? Are you involved with the Freeridge Savings heist? Don't tell me. I don't wanna know. But what you should know is you don't wanna get involved in that shit. It's marked money."

"Thanks for the useless info dump, but we need to get back to our crisis now," Monse sarcastically smiled.

"Yeah, How are we gonna clean the money?" Ximena questioned.

"Money Bunny!" Jasmine exclaimed, throwing her arms up, "Money Bunny is a shitty company that takes advantage of people who have no other way to get money from one place to another."

Jamal gasped, clapping his hands together, "Money Bunny, a great idea!"

"Out goin' dirty dinero, in coming clean clams! Minus their three percent fee? Scrub-a-dub, bitches!"

"I'm not following," Ruby shook his head.

"Okay, uh, say Jamal wants to help a certain fashion challenged friend buy a new fit. Oh! Monse!" Jasmine gestured to the girl, who rolled her eyes in response, "Money Bunny takes his hundie and they give Jamal a code. Then Jamal gives the code to mono boob Monse, who takes it to the store and bam! She's got a hundred bucks to ditch a sports bra and buy some lace. Underwire's your friend, girl."

"But wire fraud. that's a felony," Ximena pointed out, "The count's at least five years."

"I'm in," Jamal shrugged along with Ruby.

"Me too."

Ximena rolled her eyes, "Fine."

They all gave a look to Monse, waiting for her answer but she shook her head. Ruby leaned over to her, "Do you want this nightmare to stop? Then we have to go big, or Cesar never goes home."

"Wait, what do you mean? Cesar isn't home?" Ximena questioned, furrowing her eyebrows and Ruby gave her a confused look back.

"You don't know?"

She shook her head.

"Oscar turned Cesar away weeks ago," Monse answered, "he's been in and out of shelters and homes, trying to stay out of the streets so the Prophets can't get to him."

"And Oscar is letting it happen?" Ximena asked, the first time she's heard about this. She knew Oscar was angry but she didn't know he was capable of being this angry.

"He's the one who refuses to let the Santos protect him, " Monse informed before nodding, "I'm in."

"Damn!" Jasmine cheered, pointing to everyone at the table, "You guys are a ride or die! But you still got to be 18 to send and receive the dough, so you guys got some fake IDs? No, no, no, don't tell me. I'm law enforcement."

"But you just taught us how to commit wire fraud," Jamal pointed out.

"Because sometimes I like to get dirty and straddle things, like the line, I'm a complicated woman. Which means you probably know where to get a fake ID."

Ximena pulled out her phone again, unlocking it before going to the messages

iMessage
Oscar
9:28 A.M.

i need to talk to you.