FOURTEEN

Ximena put her sunglasses on top of her head, stepping out of the car.

She went over to the Santos house to see Oscar. For a couple of days now, her car began acting up and breaking down at her. The car was originally her grandfather's, who gave it to her father and when her parents got deported, the car became hers.

Oscar told her if she came by he would look at it for her so she wouldn't have anymore trouble and since she wasn't in the mood to pay for a repair, she took him up on his offer.

She knocked on the door a couple of times but no one answered. She knocked again, looking over her shoulder at Oscar's car, which was parked out front. She took out her phone, calling him but he didn't answer.

From a distance, Ximena could've swore she could hear people talking, like arguing. She could hear pained grunts that sounded like it was coming from behind the house. Ximena went around, slowly opening the gate.

She watched as a man, not any older than 23, was held down to a chair.

Two Santos, who Ximena recognized immediately kept him still, as Oscar threw blows to the man's face. He stopped, letting the man have a quick break as he kneeled down to his height. He grabbed the man by the back of his head, tilting it down roughly to his eye level.

"Tienes algo que quieras decir?" He asked, lowly.

The man began whimpering, blood running from his mouth, "Perdóname, por favor, Don." Oscar stood up, waving him away. The two men lifted the guy's limp body out of the chair, dragging him inside of the house.

Oscar wiped his hands on his jeans, turning around to see Ximena standing there. She stared at him in shock, her hands still at her sides.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" He questioned, coming closer to her.

"Does it matter?" She dryly laughed, gesturing to the chair the man was just sitting on, "This happen often?"

"Before you get started," Oscar warned, "he deserved it."

"No one deserves that!" Ximena yelled, her eyes bulging.

"Well, he did! He betrayed us, you don't betray family," Oscar replied, his tone darkening, "not without a punishment."

Ximena shook her head, scoffing in disgust as she walked away from him.

He watched as the girl quickly got in her car, fixing her seatbelt before driving away.

"I mean, no offense, but what did you expect?" Ruby shrugged, sitting down on Ximena's bed, "The man was incarcerated."

Ximena continued writing her paper, "I don't know. I just thought I would never have to see him like that."

"You may be able to tender el corazón del vato," Ruby held up a fist to his chest, "pero, he will always be a Santo."

Ximena nodded, "I guess your right."

"I'm always right."

"You tell my sister about your everlasting love for her yet?"

Ruby gasped dramatically, his eyes widening, "And how do you know about that?"

"Jamal," she shrugged.

"That traitor," Ruby whispered to himself, "and, no. I'm waiting for the right time to make my move with Olivia."

"Which is?"

Ruby stood up from the bed, "Which is when I'm ready." He gestured up and down at the girl, "You just worry about your essay and your matón."