II. TWENTY THREE

"Are you alright? I was so fucking worried, I was calling you but you didn't answer and hen I called Jamal and he said you made it back safel-" Logan walked into the room, pacing back and forth as he rambled on.

Ximena grabbed his shoulders, stopping him, and she chuckled, "I'm fine, Logan."

"Good, good," Logan nodded, sitting on the bed. Ximena sat next to him, sitting Indian style on top of the comforter. Logan drly laughed, "I think your boyfriend officially hates me."

"Ex-boyfriend," Ximena corrected, her stomach aching as she continued to think about what happened, "we ended things for good."

Logan cleared his throat, awkwardly, "Are you alright?"

Ximena shrugged her shoulders, not being able to exactly explain how she felt. She didn't feel angry, she didn't really feel sad, she felt oddly calm. "I mean, I guess, it was for the best. Can we just talk about something else?"

"Like what?" Logan softly smiled.

Ximena tilted her head at the boy, raising her eyebrow, "What about your love life? You know all about mine but I barely know about yours, I barely know anything about you."

Logan nodded, turning his body to face hers. "You're right. Well, it was a typical high school love and I got my heart broken, I graduated and never saw her again, the end."

Ximena rolled her eyes, not surprised how he beat around the bush about the topic, "That's it?"

Logan sighed, "Well, I do have my eye on someone right now."

"Oh my god," Ximena moved closer to him, laughing, "spill."

"Nah, I shouldn't," Logan shook his head

"Come on," Ximena groaned, "friends share with each other remember?"

"Fine," Logan said, taking a deep breath before continuing to talk. "Well, she's just gorgeous. She has these dark brown eyes, but in the sun they're the same color as sweetened coffee. She has this wild, curly hair, it's so wild that when she tucks her pens in her buns, they end up getting stuck. Her laugh, it just radiates this energy and her smile, it makes you wanna smile. But what I like most is the way she talks, it's so," he paused, "sophisticated. She talks with so much knowledge and passion, even when it's about something simple, she makes you listen to every word."

Ximena didn't notice the smile that grew on her face as Logan went on. His eyes never once looked up as he talked, they stayed stuck on the floor like he was scared to look her in the eye. Ximena knew he was talking about her, she's known about his crush on her for months. The little silly things he'd do to make her laugh, like trying to juggle the salt and pepper shakers. But his hand was too slippery and he fired a salt shaked at the window, completely shattering it. She'd notice how whenever she talked, he would stare at her lips almost the whole time, like he couldn't concentrate on anything else. But when she'd ask if he was listening, he would be able to repeat every single word she said back to her. He started to come to work early, before his shift even started, just to have extra time to talk to her before his shift, even if she got in trouble on hers. Whenever he'd drive her home, he would watch like a hawk to make sure she got in the house safely, then when he drove her away he would still text to check up on her.

Ximena nodded slowly, "Wow. How long have you know her for?"

"Only for a couple of months," Logan answered, looking up to meet her glance, "but I fell for her the first day I saw her."

His sudden eye contact sent a chill up Ximenams spine as she swallowed, nervously, still pretending to play "dumb"

"And does this girl know how you feel?" She questioned.

"She does now," Logan chuckled before clearing his throat, "but I doubt the feeling is reciprocated."

"You never know," Ximena noticed his expression change immediately, from slight sadness to hopefulness. Ximena examined his hand twitch before he reached out, softly touching hers.

She wasn't sure if she should do this. If it was too soon. No, she knew it was. She knew she should give herself time before moving on. But, she hated being reminded on everything, she hated sitting by herself with nothing but her thoughts. She spent months in the hospital replaying every single bad moment in her life and it also drove her crazy. Ximena wanted to be done.

She crashed her lips against Logan, taking him by surprise that she had made the first move. It took him a second to realize what had happened and to fall in line with her. Because they were new to each other, it was awkward at first and the rhythm was off but after a couple of seconds, it felt amazing. She craved affection for so long and her stomach turned with guilt that it wasn't coming from Oscar. Ximena ignored her thoughts, sitting up on the bed and she positioned herself in Logan's lap. The boys hands trailed up and down her waist, gripping her hips roughly as Ximena rubbed against his crotch. His lips were unfamiliar and they tasted different, his movements were different but Ximena didn't mind. Logan brought his hands down to her butt, pushing her up more on his lap as he stood up. He held up her as he turned around, laying Ximena down on the bed so she was on her back. Logan stripped off his hoodie and the shirt underneath before returning to her lips. When Ximena crossed her legs together around his back, bringing him in closer, it drove him wild. His hands were in her hair, his lips on her neck and chest, his bulge against her inner thigh. He lifted up her shirt, revealing her stomach as he began to work his way down, leaving a trail of kisses before unbuttoning her pants. Ximena kept her eyes on the ceiling as his mouth met her most sensitive part. She gasped, her legs curling up in response but he held them down, moaning for her to stop moving. Ximena looked down at him, running a hand through his hair before tugging on it. His hands wrapped around her thighs, keeping them open as his tongue played with her body. Moans and groans escaped Ximena as her body became hot and her legs began to shake. She tugged his hair, trying to push his face away as heat began to take over her. Logan kept his position, quickening the speed of his tongue as Ximena came to her climax.