II. TWENTY ONE

A bright light entered the dim room, blinding Ximena once again, as a secret back door was opened.

Ximena stood up, backing up against the wall before her eyes could adjust. Oscar stood there, his eyes squinted like they normally were. But, this time he was angry.

"Yo, Spooky," the man greeted, chuckling, "while you paying to save your brother, he ratting you out. So now we got your money and his money. You lucky we don't keep the girl and turn her out."

"Yo, watch your fucking mouth," Oscar pointed at the man, warning him.

"Whatever man, we know about the stash house on Hardy. And who your connect is. It's gonna be a good day."

Oscar walked forwards into the room, punching Cesar in his gut. As Cesar doubled over in pain, groaning, Oscar continued to walk forward. He roughly grabbed Ximena's arm pulling her to his chest, protectively.

"We're done," Oscar told the man, grabbing his brother by the collar with his other hand, "The cash is all there."

The man cracked his knuckles, nodding as the three walked away, "Pleasure doing business with you!"

Oscar walked them to the car, grabbing Cesar roughly bringing him in close.

"Don't say anything. Not a damn thing," he pushed Cesar to the car. Oscar watched as he got in, turning to Ximena. He grabbed the girl's arms, flipping her back and forth, checking for any marks.

"Did they hurt you?" He questioned, moving her hair from her neck to check there. She shook her head.

"Are you okay?" He asked, grabbing her arms firmly, looking her in the eyes. Ximena shook her head again. He pulled her in close, holding her tightly as he hugged her.

He swayed her back and forth as she let him squeeze her, "I was so fucking worried, man." After a couple of seconds, he let go of her, guiding her to the car, letting her climb in the back behind Cesar. The tension and anxiety was risen to a different level as Oscar slowly drove past the Prophets. Men and women repping with their green clothes gave them dirty glares and threatening gestures. Ximena kept her head down, scared that she would make eye contact with someone. As Oscar turned the corner to the next street, him and Cesar gave each other a look.

Ximena watched as their serious frowns began to curl up.

The boys bursted into fits of laughter, dabbing each other up. Ximena furrowed her eyebrows together, staring at the boys as if they were crazy. They continued to laugh.

"What the fuck is so funny?" Ximena questioned.

"I'll explain when we get home," Oscar said.