Chapter 2

I had a dream. I couldn't remember it very well but I woke up feeling happy about it. Just like the day before I was woken up by my brother. "Wake up, Maddie!" Nate shouts from the other side of the door.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes. I look over at the time. Chad wasn't going to be here for another few hours so I still had time to sleep. I wonder why I was being awoken up now. "I'll be right down." I say, grabbing my phone from the nightstand. I unlock it and look through my notifications. I was being tweeted at by a bunch of my fans. the news was out that I was going to be joining Magcon for the summer. I was super excited. I look through a few of the tweets.

@ Maddie_fan I honestly can't believe that Maddie is going to be on tour this summer. The moment I heard she was going on tour I begged my mom to get me tickets. @ MaddieWilson

I tweet back a reply.
@ MaddieWilson: Hey I'm super excited to meet you. See you soon!!! @ Maddie_fan

I reply back to a few more tweets. Then I get out of bed making my way down to the kitchen where mom sat at the table on the phone with someone. "Of course I said yes... She's an adult now she doesn't need my permission to go out. You can ask her that yourself. She just came down. Ok bye." She hands me the phone and I look at her with a frown. "It's your dad." She mouths.

What did he want I wondered rolling my eyes. "Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Hey sweetheart. I heard about you going on tour. When are you leaving?" Dad asks

"Today." I reply back

"I really don't like the idea of you going off on your own this soon." I look at mom who was looking back at me. I shake my head and she gives me and understanding smile.

"Well I am and that decision is not up to you anymore. Like mom said I'm an adult and I don't need your permission. I have to go now." I hang up the phone. "He called to say he didn't like the idea of me leaving."

"Yeah he said the same to me." Mom and dad got divorced about 5 years ago. Every night I remember them arguing. The arguments got so bad that they couldn't even sleep in the same bed. So most mornings I would find him sleeping on the couch and other nights he wouldn't come home till the morning. Then one of those nights I overheard them arguing about how he had cheated on mom and from that day on I never liked him much. He was an asshole. Then a month later mom had enough of him and filed for divorce. So I pretty much grew up these 5 years thinking every guy is an asshole expect for my brother.

****

"That's it then. I'll see you in a few weeks." I give mom a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be right back" I run back up to my room. I open the door slowly and look around. I haven't left this room in so long except to go out to get something to eat and stuff but beside that I've spent my whole childhood here. I know I wasn't going away for a long time but it felt like I should get one last look one more time before I leave.

It all started here. A week after Twitter launched Vine I was bored and wanted something to so I pulled up the new app. I loved it the moment I started using it. It took a while to get followers but then one day I started getting thousands of likes. I close the door and go back down where mom, Nate and Chad were standing by the door waiting for me. "Hey" I greet Chad.

"We should get going."

I turn to my mom who gave me a hug. "I'm so proud of you love. Make sure to call whenever you have time. Ok?"