Hit and Run

*ALYSSA'S P.O.V*

I told everyone I was going to get Ariel to come home the next morning.

"How? We don't even know where she is right now." Zach said looking down.

"My guess is she is at the Team 10 house...I asked Logan." I said. They all wanted to come with me but I knew Ariel would run again if I brought them so I just told everyone to stay here. I eventually pulled up to the house a car I have never seen before was there but I didn't think much of it as I went to knock on the door.

*ARIEL'S P.O.V*

I was hanging out with Jake all day today. I knew I should get home because Jonah and everyone else was probably worried but I was still to embarrassed and scared. I was hanging out with Tessa and Erika because they were the only girls here and I liked them a lot. Then I heard a knock on the door so I went to answer it. When I opened the door Alyssa was there but it was getting so dark outside I couldn't see if she brought anyone with her. Jake and Team 10 were watching us cautiously. Team 10 was like a 2nd family so they were protective to. I stepped outside to talk to Alyssa and Jake and the others watched through the window.

"What's up?" I asked as she looked at me, and out of nowhere she bursted into tears and started crying.

"I'm so sorry that I let Miranda beat you. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough. I'm sorry I'm the reason your scared to come home." She said while crying in my shoulder. I was about to cry too. "I'm sorry I messed up. I'm sorry I can't always protect you like  promised when you were little." She said those words and I had an instant flashback.

*FLASHBACK*

"Your nothing but a disobedient rebellious kid!!" My mother said as she beat me and threw things at me like she did everyday. My dad was in jail for nearly killing me. I was again on the verge of death as she was choking me when we both heard police sirens and someone beat down the door. My mom tried to run but they caught her and tackled her. As they put her in cuffs she looked at me and said the words that made me paranoid my whole life. "When I get out your dead." I had bruises all over me and blood was everywhere because she stabbed me in the side of my stomach. As I was coughing up blood, Alyssa held me while crying. "I swear on my life Ariel I will always protect you and you will NEVER have to go through this again...I promise." she said. A few days later the Paul family had heard about my story at a foster home and they decided to adopt me. Even though I was adopted I always considered Logan and Jake my family. And I knew that's why they were so protective over me. Logan and Jake were the best brothers ever.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I was crying now and hugging Alyssa tight.

"I love you Alyssa I always have. It wasn't your fault." I kept hugging her to calm her down. I hadn't told ANYONE about what happened before I became famous. None of the boys knew. Not even Jonah. And I tell him everything.  The only people who did know were my parents now and Logan, Jake, Team 10, Alyssa, Melanie, And Kyra. 

"I love you to. " She smiled and kissed my head like she always did. We stood up and were about to go home. We decided to tell everyone the truth. But as we heard Jake yelling and running for us along with Chance and Nathan and Tessa, we felt some people pull us into a car and lock the doors. When we looked to see what was going on we saw 2 clowns in the front seat. I hated clowns I always had. Alyssa and I were scared and crying more. 

"JAKE HELP!!" Alyssa screamed as one clown quickly closed the door and got into the car and the other one drove off.

"JAKE!!" I could hear him scream at Erika and the others to call 911. Alyssa was holding me and keeping me out of view which of course wasn't working. I could tell she was scared but she was trying to be protective. The clowns wouldn't say anything all they did was laugh constantly. We drove on for a while until suddenly they stopped In the middle of the road then they ran off faster then I've ever seen. We heard the door open and I saw Logan he immediately picked me up out of the car and hugged me while I was still crying and Jake did the same with Alyssa. 

"Did they hurt you?! Are you ok?! Did they say anything?!" Logan was worried sick and Jake was too.

"Thank you." Was all I could say when Logan and Jake looked at me. "Thank you for adopting me and giving me an amazing life thank you for being the older loving protective brothers in my life. Thank for always looking out for and always loving me. Thank you for saving me." They were now crying at this point and we all hugged each other. We went back to Jake's house and waited for a while but the cops never found the clowns. Eventually, Alyssa and I just went home when we got there everyone had been waiting for Alyssa to come back. As we walked in Christina was the first to hug me and I hugged her back.

"There's something I need to tell you guys." I said and Alyssa was holding my hand and by my side the whole time as I explained my childhood story to them. Most of them had tears in their eyes when I was finished. "I didn't run away because I didn't want t come home...I ran away because I was scared." I finished. Jonah got up and hugged me and wiped my tears and I felt so much better now that I wasn't keeping any secrets from him. All at once we got a weird text when Jonah saw it on my phone and his he instantly hugged me tighter and looked around outside. Daniel closed all the blinds and windows.

*Text*

I Want to play a game...lets see who I can kill off first.

*Text over*

I was hugging Jonah back tightly. Everyone was holding each other. This was something that just never really happened.

"Ok this has to be a prank right?" Christina asked. She was clearly scared.

"I don't think so. No one was texting just now." Zach answered.

"What about Logan and Jake? They could be pranking us." Corbyn replied.

"They wouldn't do that...not after what happened tonight." Alyssa said while shivering and Jack pulled her closer and kissed her. Jonah looked at me confused.

"I'll tell you later." I whispered and just kept hugging him. We all were confused now. Who was sending these texts? 

"I think we should all stay together and stay home." Jack said.

"Yeah safety in numbers." Daniel looked at all of us. After that we all exchanged hugs as we did every night and went to bed. I changed clothes and brushed my hair and teeth, the typical night time routine. Then I got into bed but thinking about everything that happened today with Alyssa, It made me shiver. I can't believe she was still trying to keep that promise she made so long ago. I thought she had forgotten. But see that's the thing with Alyssa. She's loyal, protective, and...she's amazing. Jonah broke me out of my thoughts as he got into bed with me and started cuddling me. I instantly cuddled up in his chest because it always made me feel better. He smiled and kissed my head.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I smiled to myself and After a few minutes I fell asleep.