Waste of Time (4/11/18)

Honestly! I don't understand why we must spend 40 minutes warming up. We have 45 minutes of class time do to the most out of everything, from tuning our instruments and warming up to ACTUALLY LEARNING OUR CONCERT music! But how can we actually learn anything if we warm up for basically the whole freaking class?! "Guys, tune when you come in, it'll be faster that way" I AGREE but what I don't agree with is you taking another ten minutes checking our sound! We literally tunes our instruments with an ELECTRONIC TUNER, so there's basically no way we'll be wrong. And then we have to practice vibrato... while I also agree we can work on it, we don't have to spend another ten minutes to TEACH how to. How many minutes is that now? Twnety minutes. TWENTY MINUTES! That's literally half the class already. The next thing we do doesn't help us at all. Dynamics. As much as I like to emphasize dynamics in our music, we don't have much to do anyways. We've been doing the same excerpt for the past three days. I think we should at least be done in five minutes. THE GUY MAKES US REPEAT IT FOREVER! After that, he tells us, we should practice for our playing test on Thursday. Here's the thing, this piece of excerpt isn't the easiest, I admit it. I actually failed to pass this one the last time there was a playing test. So we played this piece and violins totally nailed it. Not really... but it was close enough to have just one person mess up because it's their first time seeing it. Then we move on to the lower string instruments. I don't know anything about the cellos or violas but it shouldn't be that hard to be in tune. The violins literally told the other instruments what notes are played AND THEY STILL GET IT WRONG! LIKE HOW?!!! We spend ten minutes in total for that. In the end, we had five minutes left to actually learn our CONCERT music. Utter crap, I tell you. Five minutes to learn a section where there are accidentals, shifts and ugghhhHhhHhHhhhh! Honestly, he needs to know how to manage the time!