shot eleven: truth or dare; part two

"Guys? What? Please, just spit it out already, mate," Bas whined.

"Okay, if you say so... The dare is: transfer an ice cube from your mouth to the person's mouth on your right."

I looked to my right: Bas. My heart beat practically out of my chest.

"U-um, okay. I'll do it..." I stuttered and ran downstairs to get an ice cube.

Bas's POV

Liz looked at me and grinned, and my cheeks flushed bright red. I could feel it. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help my smile. She showed me the dare on the phone: do a backflip.

"Really, Liz?"

"What..." she whined and looked at me innocently. "No one will have to know."

"But why did you--"

"Oh come on, don't you want to at least see if he feels the same?"

"I--I guess."

"And plus, it isn't like I'm asking you to kiss him or anything."

I shrugged. "That's probably for the best."

"I know you'd want to though," she giggled, and I blushed.

"No!"

"Mmhm, sure. Not like you've poured your heart out to me countless times complaining that he wasn't like you."

"I-I--"

"You cannot deny it." She raised an eyebrow and her smirk was cool and controlled as Cal walked in. My heart was the one who did the backflip as he held the ice cube between two fingers.

Cal's POV

I walked over to the bed, and Liz and Bas looked as though they had an inside joke they wanted to antagonise me with. I raised an eyebrow as I sat down, and held the ice cube in my other hand. Bas took a sip of his apple cider.

"Did you guys, like, kiss while I was gone?" I joked, and Bas choked on his cider, and Liz started to laugh hysterically.

"N-no! No!" She managed to get out in between giggles. "I h-h-have a boyfriend n-now, don't you remember, you little sh-sh-shit!?"

I couldn't help but laugh with them uncomfortably, but the ice cube was beginning to melt, and I just wanted to get the dare over with.

"O-okay, you need to do the dare, already, you procrastinators," Liz said speaking my mind.

I looked at Bas, who seemed to be holding his breath. My heart beat as I smiled at him. "Sorry for putting you through this."

He shrugged. "Let's just get it over with, I guess."

I chuckled as I put the ice cube between my teeth, and Bas's eyebrows knit up into a sweater on his forehead, as he watched the ice cube. We managed to do it without our lips touching, and everyone was giggling.

I could feel my cheeks burning up like a fire in the pits of hell, and I dared not look at Bas as he took the ice cube out of his mouth and put it into a plant pot. I looked at Liz and took the phone from her extended hand.

"Okay, Liz, you know the question."

"Dare," she smiled.

"Call the 7th contact on your phone and sing them 30 seconds of a song that we choose."

"Okayyy," she said, scrolling through her phone. "My sister."

"Boring, what about your eighth contact?"