shot twenty: the king's speech and chill

"Hey, Sam! I haven't seen you in so long!!" Tanya grinned as she hugged Sam in the doorway of their flat.

It was an inside joke the friends had, and it never got old for either of them. Sam laughed as she hugged Tanya back.

"It's been like...what... three hours! It's been too long! Shopping always takes so long!"

There were three Trader Joe's bags behind her full of food and goods for the next week or so—including the cat food for the two cats they had. Just because they were both lesbian, had two cats, and roomed in a New York flat didn't mean that they were together, but they both secretly wished that they were.

Both of their sexualities were complex though: Sam was asexual and Tanya was demisexual. But Tanya was starting to feel things towards Sam, and Sam was starting to get tired of always hiding her feelings.  She picked up two Trader Joe's bags and Tanya helped her carry in the other two.

...

"I think that's the last of it," Tanya said, looking through all of the bags one last time.

"Yeah. We have a few hours before we should make dinner, what do you wanna do?"

Tanya shrugged, and Sam smiled at her, picking up one of the cats that had just come bounding into the kitchen.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Sam suggested.

"Nah. We should like... talk philosophically or something."

Sam raised an eyebrow. "Okay, which movie?"

"Gah! You know me too well," Tanya grinned. "Uhmm... we should watch The King's Speech."

"Noooo, we've watched that like ten times."

"So let's watch it an eleventh time," Tanya replied, giggling. So of course they settled down to watch the Kings Speech for what seemed like the hundredth time, but since they knew the lines by heart, they were going at it with the lines, back and forth; something they'd already done a few times that only made them fall for each other even more.

Halfway through, when they were tired of acting, and just wanted to sit back and watch Tanya thought it was a good cliche time to lay her head on her best friend's shoulder. And her best friend responded how Tanya never thought she would. Sam turned her head, looking down at Tanya, who was still watching the movie, and her hand came up to touch Tanya's chin.

Tanya turned her head immediately to look at Sam, but when Sam's lips met hers, she almost jumped up or joy; however instead, she responded, kissing back. Tanya turned towards Sam, her hand coming up cup her cheek, stroke her jaw. Their lips parted, their tongues overlapping.

In fact, they were so infatuated with each other that they just kissed right through the King's speech. But it was okay, since they knew every word of it anyway.