shot twenty eight: safeword

A/N: Smut. This is gonna be a long one. I almost split it into two, but i was too lazy to. It's gonna be SPICCCYY

"Hey, Teddi, wanna play a game?" Charlie asked looking up from his phone to his boyfriend who was on the sofa with him, sitting next to him.

"What kind of game?" Teddi replied, not meeting his gaze, his eyes still concentrated on his book. He did smile, though, and Charlie took acute notice of it.

"I'm sure you know what kind of a game I'm talking about babe," he said, biting his lip as Teddi looked up, his cheeks immediately reddening at the sight of his boyfriend so close to him. Teddi put his book down (marking his page) and gazed up at Charlie.

Charlie had sat on Teddi, straddling him, and now his fingers were lightly trailing along his cheekbones, causing a chill to run down Teddi's spine. He shivered and Charlie's hands found their way into his hair, weaving it around his fingers. He wrapped his arms around Charlie's neck, pulling him closer.

Charlie lowered his lips onto Teddi's, and the latter smiled against his boyfriend's lips, lovingly, but hesitantly. The older boy smiled and crawled off of Teddi.

"I'm too heavy to be on you nowadays. At least on the sofa."

Teddi giggled. "I don't mind."

"I know you don't, darling," he smirked at Teddi, which only made Teddi's cheeks darker.

"So..." Teddi asked, snuggling closer, his head falling on the older boy's chest.

"So, what?" Charlie asked pulling him closer still.

"What kind of a... game... did you have in mind?" Teddi's cheeks were only brightening with a flushed red, and Charlie could feel his cheeks reacting the same way.

"I think you know what kind..." Charlie whispered again in Teddi's ear, as he got back onto him. This time, Teddi's arms were much quicker to wrap around his lover's neck.

Charlie was almost nine years older than Teddi, but they hadn't known when they'd first met at a friend's friend's sister's party. The age range was twenty-two-year-old college students to thirty or so year old PhD graduates.

At the time, one of their mutual friends had set them up, but it had been awkward because their mutual was so drunk she'd forgotten about their age difference, and Teddi had been the youngest one at the party, having just turned twenty-one a few weeks before. Charlie had been twenty-nine, and he was the only other sober one there. However, it didn't matter because they were alone in the back garden in a matter of minutes after they'd met.

They were talking and laughing, sitting by the pool that illuminated their faces from bottom up in an unattractive angle. However, it wasn't long until they were making out. They'd asked each other questions such as age and college degrees; majors, minors, electives, favourite and least favourite subjects. But the bond was very present, even that first night at the party.

Juniper was glad that she'd set them up. both Teddi and Charlie were glad that she'd set them up. Juniper was glad that she was drunk off her arse because she wouldn't've set them up if it weren't for the shots that she and her boyfriend were doing.

Now, about two and a half years later, they were still together and they were still both very grateful for Juniper for setting them up even though they'd never seen each other before. She joked that she wanted to be a matchmaker, and both boys had told her to find a village and go for it. The laughs from that night were very close to those that they were giggling right now as they heard a knock on their door.

Teddi answered the door reluctantly with Charlie trailing behind him, trying to discourage him with phrases like "it's your birthday, please let's just be alone together," or "what if it a prank and you get eggs thrown at your face—and on your birthday?!"