32. Shopping

Juliet's POV:

I wake up laying next to Ced. Sirius was snuggled between us. He wouldn't sleep in his crib. Ced was already sleeping when I came up so I laid down and Sirius snuggled into my side. Ced rolled over in his sleep and slung an arm around us. Ced looked so peaceful in his sleep. He started to wake. " Morning handsome..." I say softly so I don't wake Sirius. "Morning gorgeous." He whispers. Sirius shifts in his sleep. " The little guy wouldn't sleep till I brought him in here..." I say quietly. He smiles slightly and nods. Sirius wakes, slowly opening his grey eyes. " Mommy..." He says reaching for me. I wrap my arms around him and pull him into my chest. He snuggles his face into my collarbone. I kiss the top of his head. I hated to see Claire upset but I can't bring myself to tell him no. I hear the bathroom door close and a slight bang from the bathroom. I look at Ced and raise an eyebrow. " What was that?" I ask. "I have no idea." He says with a confused look. " Do you think we should check it out?" I ask. "I'm not sure since we have Sirius." He says looking at Sirius. " Maybe you go check and I'll wait here..." I suggest since Sirius is clinging to me. He nods and gets up. I wait. " I wove you..." I hear Sirius say. I look down. It shocked me. I usually said that to him when I put him to sleep but I never expected it to come from his mouth. " I love you too..." I say softly. I kiss the top of his head. If only he would cling to Claire the way he did me and Nik. Ced comes back in. He has a panicked expression on his face. "She won't listen to me..." He says quickly. " What happened?" I ask. I get up Sirius now asleep again in my arms. "She's trying to cut again. We have to hurry." He says panicked. " Take him..." I say handing him Sirius.

I rush to the bathroom. Nikki has a blade pressed against her wrist as her hands shake wildly. " Nik stop!" I say. I grab her hand. I focus on her mind and show her some pretty disturbing things. Like her calling Fred daddy. Gross. Nikki looks at the ground crying. The blade slips from her hand to the floor. I wrap my arms around her. Thank god she stopped. "I just want to die. I can't stand living knowing I'm part of the reason Claire is so broken." She cries out. " Nik don't ever think that..." Claire says from the doorway. I look up at her and smile gratefully at her. "But I am. Sirius calls me his mom and I can see how much that tears you apart." She says. " Nik don't blame yourself... I was gone... It's my own fault... I left him..." Claire says. Nikki looks down and let's tears stream down her face. I pull her closer to me. " Claire go tell Ced to go for a walk and to take Sirius in the stroller with him..." I say. I needed to get Sirius out of here. She nods and walks towards my room. " Nik it's not all your fault... It's mine too..." I say. She just takes a deep breath and wipes her face. She walks out of the bathroom to her room. I sigh. Nothing I can say will make it better. I know how she felt. The only reason I hadn't relapsed was because I had to stay strong for Sirius. I stand up and walk downstairs. Fred was with Nikki. I sit on the couch and lean back closing my eyes.

Time skip...

I was still sitting on the couch when the front door opened. I get up and see Ced with the stroller, and his dad. " Dad?" I say in surprise. "Hello Juliet." He said. I hear another bang upstairs similar to the one earlier. " Ced go check on that..." I say. Sirius was getting fussy. Ced runs upstairs. " Hey buddy..." I say getting him out of the stroller. " Mommy..." Sirius says. Mr. Diggory looks shocked. " He's been doing that for a few days..." I say. "What about Claire?" He asks confused. " He cries every time she goes near him..." I say glumly. Sirius buries his face in my collarbone. "Why? I thought when you have a child they can know the connection of their parent at a young age." He says. " She left five days after he was born... I don't think he even remembers her... She's the only one he has a fuss about..." I say. I don't understand it myself. "It doesn't make sense." He says shaking his head. " I know... He is quarter demon maybe that has something to do about it... He's maturing quickly..." I say as we walk into the living room. I set Sirius on the floor with his toys. I sit on the couch and Mr. Diggory sits next to me. I grab Sirius's baby album. I open it. The first picture is him when he was first born. The second I remember clearly. I was holding Sirius in the joke shop and Ced had his arms around my waist. We looked like a family. The next one was Nikki holding him. Then it's the time I fell asleep on the couch with Sirius and Ced slept on the floor. The next one was Nikki playing with Sirius on Christmas. Then the next one shocked me. It was from yesterday. Sirius was sprawled across Ced's chest and I was snuggled into Ced's side. All three of us were sleeping.