The Sun

THE world of WWE was rocked following the announcement John Cena and Nikki Bella had ended their relationship.

The wrestling power couple have broken off their marriage – here's the lowdown...

John Cena and Nikki Bella have decided to call of their marriage after being married for 72 days

When did John Cena and Nikki Bella split?

On April 16, 2018, WWE superstars John Cena, 40, and Nikki Bella, 34, announced they had split and broken off their engagement after six years together.

The pair have decided to call it quits and claim they "continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another."

Both have been posting cryptic messages on Instagram, with Cena using the Walt Whitman quote: "We were together. I forget the rest."

John later posted another, which said: "Worst day ever."

John recently admitted they spend months apart at times — with their time in the spotlight clearly taking its toll.

The pair were spotted together in public at this year's event nine days ago but there had been signs the relationship was over.

He told the American magazine US Weekly: "Relationships are hard. Don't ever think that love is easy.

"Love is beautiful, but we've had to come to the realisation after being together for five years that love is not easy.

"We work every day on us. We have our problems just like everybody else.

 We have our problems just like everybody else

When did the former couple get engaged?

John proposed to Bella during WrestleMania 33 in Orlando last year.

He got down on one knee in the middle of the ring.

It followed a mixed tag team match they had against WWE superstars The Miz and Maryse.

Why did they decide to call it a quits and file for divorce?

John Cena is slated to be having an affair with her sister Jennifer Garcia- Colace or as we know her as JLO. They are rumored to have a 6 year affair. An affair producing Jennifer's child.  Of course, this would fill like a slap in the face to Nicole since John gave her an ultermatun to either have kids or have a wedding and she couldn't have both.

Nicole also cleared up the rumor that her and Dwayne are not together. She is just carrying his child from a drunk night in Vegas. So it seems like John wasn't the only one cheating in this 72 day marriage.

Now it's still a little fuzzy because no one has yet found Jennifer but once she's found I'm sure all the rumors would be cleared up.

Until then make sure to subscribe to The Sun for the latest updates in the Nikki Bella-John Cena divorce.