Four

Phil turned around to see Mariah smiling, reading a news article to him
"Daniel James Howell was found dead last night. It was a suspected suicide."
Phil tried running away, only to be stopped by Dan.
"Dan!" Phil cried into Dan's chest, except it was different from normal.
"Why didn't you save me, Phil," Dan said, emotionless
Phil looked up to see Dans usually chocolate brown eyes turned black.
"No- No this can't be real-" Phil pushed Dan away
"Why didn't you save me?" Dan looked confused
"No-"

--//--

"Philip Micheal Lester, wake up" Phil's history teacher yelled.
"HE'S BEEN CRYING" The person next to Phil yelled
"Probably cause his gay-ass boyfriend ditched school"
"He's probably with some other guy"
The taunts usually never got to Phil, ever since he was little he was bullied for different reasons:
His skin, his hair, his laugh, talking to Dan, breaking up with Mariah and dating Dan. But Phil could always deal with the words, Dan would tell them they were wrong, and that they didn't see him the way Dan did, which was all that mattered.
But Dan wasn't here, he was somewhere else.
"Why didn't I just ask where he was" Phil thought.
The teacher pretended not to notice the people yelling at Phil, nobody was focusing on history, they were focusing on how Phil Lester's boyfriend wasn't there to protect him.

Dan wasn't the most intimidating person at first glance, but he was extremely protective and willing to get suspended to defend Phil. Dan would do anything to keep the taunts off Phil.

Phil stopped noticing what they were saying briefly before he heard Mariah's voice.
"Just take one look at his arms" She laughed,
Phil didn't know what they were talking about before she said that but in 0.5 seconds, Phil was pinned to his desk and his sleeves were pulled up.

Phil hadn't self-harmed since he left Mariah. He knew Dan still did, but he stopped. The scars, however, stayed.

"What the fuck Lester" One of the guys, Jason (probably) yelled
"He thinks he's soo cool, cutting himself" A girl chimed in
"What about Danny?" A different girl (Lucy, probably) laughed
"Does Howell do this shit too?" Jason laughed, grabbing his scissors
"Oh I'm Dan Howell, I like it in the ass, so I can still cut myself while my boyfriend gets off" Jason laughed, mimicking drawing lines along his wrists with the scissors.
"Guys get off him" Phil heard Mariah from the back of the classroom
"Fuck off Mariah" A different boy, Matthew (probably) laughed.
"My names Phil and I self-harm and date guys cause I want attention" Matthew laughed, copying Jason.

Phil wasn't listening to them anymore. His mind filled with everything he had kept out for so long before today.

The bell rang

"Thank God" Phil mumbled.