A burning candle

OK SO! It will become more cLear during the story! SO MY STORY CUT OFF X3
Sam when you read this.
Your a meanie

~Natsu's POV~

-20 Days after-

I thought about when that man said Lucy belonged to him. Ever since that day I didn't notice how much my life would change. I'm losing her... Our Lucy. My Lucy. All because of what I said and did. How could I? How could I let it take over me?

I felt a warm drop fall down my face. My tears burnt right through me. I felt my eyes begin to shrivel up and let the waterfall fall. I could stop myself from crying. I just couldn't stop the memories from playing. A record getting jammed was what was happening to me, playing the memory of blood, tears and Lucy...

I promised I'd be there but I failed her.

I failed you lucy. My mind echoed.

I pressed my hand up to my forehead and felt the darkness slowly close in around me.

~Lucy's POV~

The man placed the invitation in my hand and smiled. I opened the letter feeling my face begin to burn. My hands trembled.

Lucy Heartfilia, we are inviting you to participate in the "Magic wars" where you will face several strong other mages. It is partly like the grand-magic games but much different, my dear. Take care, and please accept this.

That was a stupid note.

The man took away the lettter and placed it in his pocket. He got up from his knee's but his hand swas still resting against his shoulder. "By your expression, I should leave." The man informed her and quietly walked out the guild.

~Natsu's POV~

I was walking down the guild when the man admitted why he was here.

Turns out it was just to invite Lucy in this competition.

She refused it right away and the man had left.

Waste of my time.

I began to feel my stomach rumble and claw out for food. I sat down infront of Mira. "Natsu! Lucy's looking at jobs, why don't you go help her?" I sighed and walked towards the request board, feeling my stomach roar even more.

"Natsu, I was thinking that we could go on this job!" Lucy pointed and the one explaining an animal attack and the prize is what ever they require. Lucy smiled. It was simple, could be a lot of money and it was a job.

"Let's proceed then" Gray mumbled, while grabbing onto Lucy. Erza following behind them.

"Wait for me!" I yelled, and we walked of to the station.