Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 28

Lloyd

10 Years Later

"Ayyee Ant! Come eat your food before it gets cold!" I said.

"Daddy, I don't wanna go with my Mommy." Kayla said.

"You ain't got no choice." I said as my assistant, Kiely walked in.

"Good morning Mr. Polite." She smiled.

"Good morning Kiely."

"I was just dropping off this week's business acquisitions." She said.

"Thank you, I've been meaning to get to that." I said taking the documents from her.

"Daddy, can we go see this?" Lamar asked. Lamar is my youngest child with Alisha.

"What is it?" I asked putting my paperwork together.

"A Dinosaur movie." He said. This boy is just fascinated about Dinosaurs, but one of the most difficult ones in the bunch. Why? He acts just like Alisha. Crazy thing is, none of my kids look like me anymore.

"Sure man." I chuckled taking my work to my desk as the doorbell sounded. Janae was here to get Kayla.

"Is my child ready?" Janae asked walking in as I opened the door.

"Come on in." I sighed sarcastically.

"Don't get smart." She said.

"Well, you just walk into a brother's house and all." I said.

"Kayla, let's go!" Janae yelled.

"You ain't gotta yell." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Look at all of Lloyd's kids." She said as I looked at her.

"Anthony!" I called when I realized he ain't come downstairs.

"I'm coming Pop." He said coming down the stairs. The way he dressed reminded me of how I dressed when I was 16. Then he dreaded up his hair! I know Jas probably throwing a fit in her grave. Ant is dependable and responsible, but he just lazy.

"Not fast enough." I said as I grabbed Kayla's bags.

"Say bye to your Daddy." Janae said.

"Bye baby girl. I'll see you in 2 weeks." I said hugging her. For her to be 11, she sure doesn't act like it. She's the more mature one of the bunch.

"Bye Daddy." She smiled at me. "Bye Anthony and June Bug." She said before leaving out.

"Bye Kayla." They said as we walked out.

"Be careful with her." I said.

"She is my child Lloyd." She said starting up her car.

"Just be careful with her." I smirked. Over the years, mine and Janae's friendship has gotten a lot better. We have joint custody, but Kayla stays with Janae during the school year in New York, while I pay for their home here in Atlanta.

"I will Lloyd." She said before putting the car in drive and driving off.

"Okay Lloyd, I'm taking Lamar to his appointment." Kiely said walking out to her car with Lamar.

"Okay. Thanks again Kiely. I owe you."

"You just keep my job looking good against competitors." She said.

"You have my word." I said before walking inside the house. Walking back in the house, Anthony was now in the living room playing his PS4.

"Hey Pop, can I borrow your Benz?"