Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 8

Lloyd

"She better have been too. I'm not even gonna talk about this anymore. I have to go get your son." Jas said grabbing some keys and leaving. I followed out after her.

"Babe." I grabbed her wrist. "You're not leaving, are you?"

"At this point Lloyd, I don't even wanna see you in my presence." She said.

"You're coming back though right?" I asked.

"I don't know Lloyd."

"Baby, I understand that I messed up, I do, but I already know I'm not gonna be able to take you and Ant being away. You are the woman I love and you are the woman I wanna marry."

"Lloyd, you're pressuring me right now. Maybe we do need some space." She said as tears started to form in her eyes. I wiped the ones that have fallen. I hate that I'm the reason she's crying. I feel like shit and now I see why. I basically threw my family away and deep down inside I'm scared that she will walk away.

"You calling it quits?"

"It's what's best Lloyd. I need space from this whole situation. The cheating, the baby, the pregnancy. Everything."

"I'm cool with that, I'll set up an apartment and everything for you."

"No Lloyd I-"

"Yes Jas. I need to know that both you and my son are taken care of. Not saying you ain't money, but your income is gon land you in the hood. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself anymore than all the shit I put you through if something happened to you and Ant." I said.

"Okay, but that's it." She said.

"I'll provide whatever you need Jas." I said grabbing her hand.

"I'm gonna go." She said walking out the door.

*

2 WEEKS LATER

"That's the last of that box." I said stepping inside Jas' new apartment. She had me do the things around the house that she either couldn't or was too scared to do.

"Okay. Can you switch that light bulb?" She asked.

"Where they at?" I asked as she handed me the box. "Where is Ant? I was hoping I could see him."

"He's with my mom until everything is set up here." She said. "You hungry?"

"Yeah, you want me to run somewhere to get something?"

"No, I got it." She said. "Pizza?" She asked pulling out her phone.

"Sure. Long as I get some food." I said as she placed an order.

"Thank you for setting up the place for me." Jas said. I had just finished about everything on the list, she asked me to do.

"Thanks for dinner." I said yawning.

"It's pretty late." She said. "I think you should crash on the couch tonight."

"Can I sleep with you?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sorry not sorry." She smirked. "Sleep on the couch Lloyd. Just save our breath and time." She said.

"So you really expect me to sleep on this hard ass couch?" I asked her.

"Either that or you can take ya ass home."

"Cold man. Babe, why you being so mean?" I asked laughing.

"Do we really need to go there?" She asked.

"Naw." I said as she eye balled me.

"Here's your blanket you can use." She said tossing it at me. We both stopped as my phone started ringing.