Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 9

Lloyd

I didn't expect things to go that way with Jasmine, one minute I'm telling her how bad I feel and next thing you know I'm dicking her down. I laid there relaxing thinking about every fucked up thing I've down to her. I honestly don't know what the hell I was thinking. It was like one minute I only saw her and then after I saw every other thing calling me.

"Lloyd?" Jas whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Did we ju-?

"Yeah." I said getting up. "So what now?"

"This wasn't suppose to happen." She said pulling the sheet next to her naked body.

"It wasn't." I said. "But it did, we don't have to let this tear us babe." I said.

"Lloyd, listen to me." She grabbed my hand. "As of now, I got my mind set on us taking a break. We aren't getting back together. I have to be stronger than this, I can't let you think that I'm fine with all this because I'm not." She said.

"Babe, I understand that I hurt you. I hate that I make you cry about this shit. You don't trust me to love you and hold your heart. That's a mistake I'm willing to make up."

"I'm sorry, but that's a mistake you have to own up to. I don't think I'll be right if I was to get back into a relationship with you." She said.

"I see." I stood up and grabbed my clothes.

"Lloyd, that doesn't mean I still don't care for you."

"Naw, you cool. I'm outtie." I said putting on my shoes and pulling my shirt over my head leaving. I headed to the place that always seems to take my mind off of things.

"You got an ear?" I asked.

"Come on." Toya told me as I followed her to the back. Toya is like my baby sister, growing up, we were close. After I dropped out of high school, since I wasn't around anymore, niggas started hollering at her and she got knocked up by this dude that got killed in a gang shoot out. She never asks me for any help, but I always help her out with a little money, she like fam.

"She said we done." I said after moments of silent.

"Lloyd, I'm here for you." She walked towards the couch and sat next to me rubbing circles on my back.

"I really messed up something good." I said sighing and running my hand over my face.

"Just give her time Lloyd. Jasmine ain't no fool. Y'all ain't done."

"I hope you right shawty. She suppose to be my wife." I said.

"You guys will be together again, it's just a woman needs time to herself when she finds out that the person she put her all in to cheats on her." She said. "Now I know that you didn't want to hurt her, but now is the time for you to pull it together and try to better yourself as a man." She said.

"I still don't get why you stripping." I said.

"Pays the bills." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"There's some many ways to do that. You got a little girl that you gotta look out for. I'm pretty sure when she get old enough she not gon want everybody knowing you dance. I'm saying this cause you my little sis and I love you, dancing ain't for you." I said pausing. "Let me ask you something." I stood up. "You wanna get married one day right?" I asked.

"I did once." She said. "Lloyd, you don't understand." She blurted out.

"What don't I understand?" I asked.

"Why I don't have a relationship with any nigga or why I dance."

"T, you know I'm here for you." I said.