Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 24

Lloyd

When I got to Jas' mom's house, things didn't feel right.

"Hey Mama." I said as she opened the door. She looked like she had been crying. "Everything okay?" I asked her.

"Lloyd." She said as her voice was cracking. "Jas has been shot."

"Shot? I just dropped her off at work." I said confused.

"Her job just called me." She said as she started to cry. "They shot my baby." She said crying into my chest.

"It's gonna be okay Mama. She' a fighter." I said consoling her. "Let's get inside. Where's Ant?" I said pulling her inside. 'Why Jas?' Is all that was in my mind. She might have been seen as rude, but that's because of the bitches that fuck with us. Who the fuck would shoot her though? Things never get that serious with Jas.

"Where you going?" I asked Mama as she walked by.

"I'm going to the hospital." She said putting on her jacket.

"Not without me." I said.

"No Lloyd. Stay here with Anthony. He could be traumatized from this. Working with kids, I see these things all the time." She said touching my face.

"Aight, call me when you get there and let me know how she is." I said to her. She looked me deep in my eyes before leaving. As I sat down thinking about Jas, I felt my phone vibrate. Quickly pulling it out, there was a text from Jasmine's phone. What the?

'You're gonna pay for what you did to us. -Alisha'

This bitch is fucking crazy.

'I can see you read the message.' She texted me.

'What did you do?' I texted back.

'She was ruining our relationship. She doesn't love you like I love you.' She texted me.

'How did you find her?'

'I followed you... Now we can be a family. She won't be in the way of our love.'

'You dumb bitch!'

'I love it when you get like this ;)' She texted me back as I sighed loudly letting out my frustration.

"Daddy, where's Mommy?" Anthony asked me while standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes.

"She's at work." I said as he walked towards me.

"Grandma?" He asked sitting beside me on the couch.

"She went somewhere."

"What's wrong Daddy? Why you crying?" He asked me. I ain't even realize I was crying. I have to sit here and lie to my 5 year old son about the whereabouts of his mother. Or even worst, how he will feel if she doesn't make it. Jas is a fighter, but with me not knowing her condition, all I can do is pray to God that he pulls her through.

*

"Lloyd, she's fine. They say she just got out of surgery. She should be okay." Mana said.

"Thank God." I sighed.

"Another thing Lloyd."

"What's that?"

"She was pregnant..." She said.

"W-wa-was?" I stammered.

"Get Anthony and get down here now." Mama said as I got up and put my jacket on.

"I'm on my way." I said before hanging up. "Anthony put your socks and shoes on." I said as I grabbed his jacket and beanie.

"Where we going?" He asked.

"Just come on." I said as I put on his beanie.

"Grandma!" Anthony shouted when we got off the elevator.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Room 407." She said as she took Ant. Walking in her room, I was sicken from how she looked. She had bruises all over her face and and a wrap on her arm. My baby girl didn't deserve this.

"Excuse me." Some guy knocked on the door. "Hi, I'm Detective Stabler, this is my partner Detective Benson "(Law & Order my show breh!) He said.

"We have a few questions about this incident." Detective Benson said.

"Look, I already know who did it."

"Who?" Stabler asked.

"This girl name Alisha. Alisha Thomas."

"You know her?" Benson asked.

"We used to mess with each other until she wanted me to leave my girl. I told her no and she got all crazy and started talking out the side of her mouth. Telling me I would pay for what I did to us."

"What you did?" Stabler questioned.

"She was on the pill and stopped taking them."

"What else did she say?" Benson asked.

"That's about it. She took Jasmine's phone and was texting me." I said pulling out my phone.

"You mind if we take a look?"

"Go ahead." I said handing them my phone. I sat down in the chair beside Jas' bed as they took a seat on the couch in the room.

"Have you seen Alisha in the last 24 hours?" Benson asked.

"I saw her yesterday." I sighed.

"Anything happened?"

"That's when she told me to leave Jas." I said as she wrote some things down.

"Let's head to her job and watch the surveillance tapes." Stabler said. "We'll come back if we need anything else." They said before walking out. I just sat there looking at Jas. This is all my fault.

**********************************
Well, what you guys think?

Comment

Comment

Comment

& Vote!

Bornsinna 👑😁