Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 25

Lloyd

It feels like I've been in this hospital for years and it's only been 4 days. I couldn't leave Jas' side, I refuse to. This is the one right here, I know she's done with my bullshit and all. I just can't stand to see her look this way or feel pain and sorrow for my actions. Me fucking around got her in the hospital fighting for her life.

'Baby, do you believe me when I say I want what's best for you?'

'When I say I love you?'

All these things were running through my mind. The baby, Anthony, life before Jas and life with her. 10 years old I lost everything, and now 12 years later I feel like I'm losing it all again. God, she didn't deserve this, I promise you if you pull her through, I'll change for good. No more stepping out, messing around or anything. I can't lose her.

"Lloyd?" I heard Jas whisper.

"Baby?" I stood up and grabbed her hand.

"Where am I?"

"In the hospital." I said lowly as she looked like she was thinking.

"That girl." She then said with a confused look on her face as I looked at her.

"What girl?" I asked.

"She came to my job." She said.

"Jas, I'm sorry." I said putting my face in the covers. I couldn't cry in front of her, I always tried to avoid showing signs of weakness in front of her.

"It was true?" She asked more to herself.

"Yeah." I said looking at the floor.

"This bitch came to my job Lloyd and tried to kill me." She said as she was now crying.

"I'm sorry baby. I ain't know it was gonna happen." I said looking up at her. "I didn't know she followed me." I then said lowly looking back at the floor. It was silent for a few seconds before Jas started coughing crazy and the machine started to go off.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked as I then looked for the nurse's button. After failing at that I ran into the hallway. "I need a nurse!" I shouted as a nurse came in the room.

"Somebody get the doctor!" She shouted.

"Sir, I'ma have to ask you to leave." One of the nurses said to me pushing me out.

"No! I can't! Jasmine! Jasmine!" I shouted as the door closed.

*

"Are you hungry?" Mama asked me.

"No." I said lowly as I sat at the table.

"Lloyd, you have to eat something." She turned and looked my way. "I'm having a hard time with this too." She then said. It's now been either one or two weeks since Jas had passed. I haven't been able to eat or sleep since. Just from how it all happened so fast. Doctor said it was natural causes. Mama keep saying it's because the Lord wanted another angel in heaven. Why mine tho? He couldn't go find somebody else's life to take?

"Lloyd?" Mama put her hand on my back. "Eat!" She said as she put a plate in front of me.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled.

"Lloyd, you haven't been eating lately. You need to! I know you're hurting, we all are. How you think Anthony will feel if he lost you too?" She asked me.

"I don't know." I said.

"He will be scarred for life."

"I rather he lose me than Jas." I said as I felt her look at me.

"Lloyd honey, pleass stay strong. Jasmine wouldn't want you beating yourself up for this." She said as sweet as she could.

"It's my fault she dead!" I shouted. "If I would've just been faithful, none of this would've happened." I said.

"Daddy?" Anthony said walking into the kitchen.

"Anthony, go get back in bed." Mama said getting up from the table. I got up and grabbed my jacket and keys and left to somewhere to keep myself sane.

I sat there on the couch that we used to snuggle up on in the living room as I looked through the photo album she had on the table. Seeing pictures of us from high school, from when we were at Prom to pictures of the day Anthony was born. Graduation pictures and more. At the end of the album, there was this pic of us from when we were like 11, sitting on the steps of her Grandma's house. We had just came from Church that day. After spending a few hours thinking and reminiscing, I left back to Mama's.

"Daddy, where's Mommy?" Anthony asked me as I was getting him out the tub.

"Mommy went away to a special place." I said.

"Like what?" He questioned.

"Somewhere where she'll be for a while." I said. It was so hard keeping this from him, but I didn't want him to know because I still couldn't believe it.

"She's coming back, right Daddy?" He asked me.

"In a way." I said making sure he was comfortable and his night lamp was on. "Get some sleep." I said before getting up and cracking the door.

****************************

Is that what y'all least expected? I would've updated last night, but I went to see Think Like A Man Too and BREH! Lol y'all gotta go see it lol

Btw, please

Comment

Comment

Comment

& Vote!