Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 14

Lloyd

"Goldie, Luther sent Beeno here to talk to you." Jerome said coming up to my cell.

"Heard anything?"

"He hasn't said anything. You're not going to the regular visiting room." He said as I followed him to some way I never seen before.

"Goldie." Beeno said when he saw me. "How you doing son?"

"I'm holding up."

"I came to let you know a couple of things."

"Like?"

"This situation you are in will not be for long. You'll have one to two years max but that's about it."

"I've already been in here for 9 months. What else is there to do?"

"That's all we could get out of our insider. So just stay out of trouble and everything should run smoothly." He said standing up and buttoning up his blazer. "Oh. Before I forget, Luther has you situated in your own cell." He said before walking out.

"J, what is this all about?"

"I don't know man. Luther just told me to look after you."

"Could you call Jas for me? Tell her I need her to come see me."

"That I can do."

"Thanks J."

*

"Man she got big."

"Yeah, I wish you could see the things she do."

"I'll be around it all when I get up out of here." I said as she looked at Ariana. "Luther got them to lower my sentencing."

"That's good. How long do you have to do?"

"1-2 years."

"That's still too long. You've already been in here damn near a year."

"I know, just stay positive."

"I can't be doing all this back and forth up here Lloyd. I have to take care of your kids all the time when I'm not at work."

"Wait. What?" I questioned. "You still working?"

"Yeah." She said as if I was slow.

"Why?" I looked at her like she was stupid.

"Cause it's my job Lloyd."

"Fuck that. You said after you had Ari you was done working."

"I said I was taking a break, but now I'm back. Why are you making a big deal out of this?"

"Cause, I don't want you working."

"What the hell is this?"

"Exactly how it sounds. You don't need to be working."

"And why is that Lloyd?"

"Cause you don't. Your main obligation is to take care of our kids."

"What do I do? Sit around all day and feed them?" She asked sarcastically.

"How the fuck am I suppose to know? For all I know you could be fucking around on me while I'm in here." I said as she looked at me.

"You know what? Fuck you. I hope your dumb ass rots up in this piece of shit place." She stood up. "I'm not like you to go around and mess with other people, cause I know how it feels to be hurt." She said as her eyes got watery. I would've said something, but fuck it. I done said enough.