Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 1

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want you doing this? You think I sleep well at night with a killer?" Jasmine asked me.

"I've had this job since I was 12. What you want me to do? You were clearly cool with it when you found out."

"Not anymore Lloyd. I love you, but I don't sit well with this." She said

"Baby..." I walked towards her, backing her up to the wall. "I ain't gon let anything hurt me, you, or Ant. I don't wanna lose you, and you know this. What am I gonna do without you?" I asked looking down at her. She wrapped her arms around my waist, putting her face into my chest.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Ant ran into the room.

"What you want Ant?" I picked him up and tossed him in the air.

"Gwama here." He said as I put him down and he took off out the room. I looked at Jasmine as she sat on the edge of the bed with her hands over her face. "Jas?" I reached for her.

"Give me a moment alone please." She said not looking up. I left the room and went to greet Jasmine's mom.

"Hello Lloyd." She greeted me

"Hey Mama. How are you doing?" I hugged her

"I'm doing good. Where's Jasmine?"

"In the room." I said looking back

"She okay?"

"We talking." I said. She looked at me then hugged and kissed my cheek good-bye.

"Okay. Come on Anthony. Grandma has a surprise for you." She said grabbing his hand and leaving. I closed the door and decided to wait to talk.

*

I woke up around 9:30 and the apartment was pitch black. I got up and headed to the bedroom. Getting closer to the door, I heard Jasmine's music playing lowly. I walked in and laid on my side of the bed. Jas came out the bathroom and looked at me for the first time since earlier.

"I don't want you to leave." She said walking towards me.

"Leave? I ain't going no where Jas."

"No more killing, dealing, or being out of state all the time." She looked me in my eyes while sitting down.

"Give me some time. Pull off a few more jobs and I'll put an end to it." I said getting comfy. She leaned into me and pecked my lips.

"Scoot over." She said pulling the covers off me.

"You got your side of the bed." I mugged her.

"I wanna lay with you."

"Jasmine move. Lay on your side."

"Come on bae. Just scoot over and let me lay with you." She said.

"You better be glad that I'm tired and love your punk ass." I said making room for her.

"I love you too Daddy." She said wrapping her arm around my waist.

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"I got a job for you." Said Luther

"What time is it?" I asked getting out of bed quietly.

"Don't worry about it. I'll let you know the info later."

"Okay."

"This is a big job and it's perfect for you." Luther said.

Luther is a big shot guy who runs the streets of Atlanta. My Pops used to work for him back in the day. When my parents died from a house fire when I was 9, Luther took me in. I had no close family so Luther was all I had. When I was 12, Luther introduced me to the game and ever since then, it's all I've ever known.

"I'll hit you up later Goldie." Luther said before hanging up.

-------------------------------------------------

New story I felt like writing. Let me know what you think so far.

Comment

Comment

Comment

&&

Vote