Player's Prayer ~ Chapter 10

Lloyd

"So my sister mad at you?" DeSean asked.

"Yeah. I fucked up to be honest Sean." I said sighing.

"What you do nigga?"

"The biggest mistake of my life." I mumbled.

"Wassup nigga? Talk to me, come on we brothers no matter what." He said. Hearing Sean say that now, might change after he finds out. I looked at him debating if I should say it or not. "Do I have to ask her?" He asked.

"She found out about some girl I messed with back in the day." I said.

"Damn nigga. Does my mama know bout this?" He asked as she came out back.

"Know about what?" She asked.

"Lloyd told me something." Sean said as I looked at him.

"I, I wanna marry Jas." I said as a smiled appeared on her face.

"We already know about that son. Are you going to propose?" She asked with that same smile.

"I got something in mind." I said taking a deep breathe as my phone vibrated. I checked the message to see Luther wanted to meet up with me. I looked at DeSean and Mama as they were in a conversation.

"I have to go." I said. "I apologize Mama, but something came up at work and I gotta go see what's up." I said as she looked at me.

"There's always something poppin up when we are all together." She said.

"I apologize Mama. Maybe we can all go to lunch next week. Sound good?" I asked looking at her.

"We'll talk. You just get my little girl and my baby home safely. And you be careful out there." She said hugging me and kissing me goodbye. I dapped up DeSean as we all went into the house.

"We gotta go." I said to Jas as she had came out the bathroom.

"I was just about to say we should be heading out too." She said. "I have to be at work early in the morning." She said. After saying our goodbyes one more time, we finally left. The ride was silent as you only heard the radio playing. As we pulled up to a red light, the music cut off as the DJ started talking as he said there was a new track he felt like playing. The song started as Jas looked at the radio then me. It was a song by Trey Songz called Smart Phones. Talking bout how he cheated on his girl and how she probably heard it all through a phone call. It made the ride awkward, it was like we ain't wanna hear it, but at the same time we did.

Time is not on our side
Cause she's waving goodbye goodbye
Smarts phones, dumb shit

Damn you Trey. I looked over at Jas as she had a sadden look on her face. If I didn't have to go in tonight, I would stay around for a minute. When we stopped by her place, I carried Anthony up to his room. Lil nigga been sleep all day. I texted Toya telling her that I would be back to the house a little late as I was heading to the door.

"Lloyd?" Jas called.

"Yeah?" I stopped.

"I just wanted to say thank you." She said walking towards me.

"For?"

"For coming to the dinner and sticking it out through that awkward moment in the car." She laughed lightly.

"It was nothing, but look I have to go, so I'll text you or something." I said before walking out.

*

So I have to go handle this deal for Luther at 2:00 in the morning. Saying he doesn't trust anybody but me, which I guess is cool.

"Where the fuck this nigga at?" I questioned as head lights appeared in my review mirror. I looked at the lights cut off and somebody got out the car. It was this guy I was suppose to be meeting up with.