Chapter 17

Braixen opened her eyes. It was finally her birthday. 

Braixen wasn't one of those people that bragged to people that it was their birthday. In fact she was the opposite. She often waited for "Happy Birthday's" naturally, without telling them. 

A few minutes later, her phone started to receive a ton of notififcations from pokemon all over her social media's. Braixen was a well-known performer (hence all of her "fans"), but the pokemon in-town respected her and her privacy. Of course, every now and then, she would have a few pokemon ask for autographs. Braixen wasn't bothered by them.

"I'll respond to them later..."  Braixen thought to herself as she scrolled through the notifications on her phone. 

There were a few...specific notifications she would want to see. At least a happy birthday message in the group chat, (one from Greninja), and a video call from her parents.

Which is what she got a few seconds later.

Her phone had a screen that said: "Video Call From 'Mom and Dad'" Braixen, with a smile on her face, clicked on the answer button. A Braixen stood on the other end. "Hi Sweetie! How have you been?" The other Braixen said, which was her mother.  Braixen's mother wanted to stay as a Braixen, so she took an everstone and stayed as one for the rest of her life.

(A.N. For the sake of confusion, I'm going to call Braixen's mom.....Rose. Yea, I think that's a good name...)

"I'm doing fine mom." Braixen responded with a smile. "Well, I was just calling you to tell you happy birthday! You're growing up too fast! It seems like it was just yesterday you were a Fennekin..." Rose said as Braixen giggled on the other end. "Thanks mom." She managed to say. "I'll talk to you soon Braixen, I'm going to be late for work." Rose told Braixen. "Okay, thank you mom. Bye." Braixen said. "I love you bye!" Rose quickly responded before ending the call. soon enough, another message appeared on her phone. It was from Greninja.

Greninja: Happy Birthday!

The message was followed by a Braixen emoji, a cake emoji, and a smiley face. She responded with a "Thank you."

Braixen sighed happily as she slowly closed her eyes. She was still tired, like usual. "Maybe an hour or two of sleep wouldn't hurt..." Braixen thought to herself as she rested her head and drifting off to sleep. 

MEANWHILE...

Greninja had woken up early, as well as their whole group. They all met up in the forest, the one near Braixen's house, near the lake. 

"Should we do a surprise party?" Sylveon suggested. "That's not a bad idea..."  Raichu said. He was looking down at the grass, avoiding eye contact with Sylveon. "Yea, but where are we going to do it?" Arcanine pointed out. They were all talking, suggesting ideas on where to do it, except Greninja. Greninja was sitting down, fidgeting (insert image of fidget spinner) with a blade of grass, thinking of ideas on her own.

He then remembered that he had a copy of Braixen's house key. It sounded a bit weird, but the only reason he had it was because Braixen would often leave town for performances, so she needed someone to house-sit, and of course she asked Greninja to do so. "I have a copy of Braixen's house key, so some of us can sneak in and prepare the party. While one or two can 'lure' Braixen outside to do something to them as we prepare the party. Me, or someone else, will text the person when we're finished so they could bring her back. Sound good?" Greninja asked. The group just sort of, starred at him. "You thought of that all by yourself? I'm impressed." Lucario said. "Thanks." The group of friends agreed on the idea and decided to execute the idea as soon as possible.

"Let's do this!" Gardevoir yelled, excited.

A.N. This must've been the longest chapter I've typed!