Chapter 25

"I'm tired." Braixen yawned after an hour or two of fooling around. "Well it is getting late..." Greninja said. It was 10:30 after all. "Actually, how about another 30 minutes or an hour?" Braixen giggled. She felt really tired, yet energized near Greninja. Braixen had said it as a joke, not expecting Greninja to take it literally. "Yea, sure. I'm down." He shrugged. "Really? I was just joking around, but okay..." Braixen laughed. Greninja smiled at her. "I knew you were."

They were remained silent for a bit, the only sound and light coming from the tv. They were still sitting down on the sofa. Well Greninja was anyways. Braixen still leaning on his arm as she lied down, stretching herself out on the sofa and watching the show on the television. Greninja on the other hand, wasn't paying much attention to the show. He had his headphones plugged in, listening to music. It was peaceful. Braixen, playfully, got a hold of Greninja's hand and gave a slight, lovable squeeze. Greninja noticed it and did the same back. Braixen looked up at the frog, who was starring back. They gave each other a soothing smile while a small blush crept onto their faces.

A few minutes later, Braixen broke the silence. "Hey Greninja? Do you ever wish that you could've met your parents when you were little?" Greninja took off his headphones as his smile slowly faded away from his face. "Trust me, I do. But y'know what?" He responded. "What?" Braixen, know curious, asked. "Well, I wouldn't have met you if I hadn't run off into the forest looking for them, would I?" Greninja chuckled. "Yea. Yea, I guess you're right." Braixen nodded. "Where do you think we would be if we hadn't met?" Braixen asked Greninja,looking down at her hands. "I don't know." He simply responded. Braixen looked up at Greninja to see his reaction. "He seems...upset," Braixen thought to herself. "Greninja is sensible about talking about his parents...I shouldn't have brought it up..." 

"Hey, remember how we used to get in so much mischief because of you?" Braixen laughed.