waiting

Will's pov

As soon as Percy left I heard screaming and crying coming from next to me. It was Nico. He was sleeping. It was worrying me. I was trying to shake Nico up but he won't wake up. I opened the door so so Percy fell in. With Jason coming in behind him. They looked over at Nico and realization hit their face.

"How do you guys know what's happening but I don't?"

"Because it's happened before."

Jason makes me sit next to Nico on the floor. They he moved Nico to where his head was on my lap and I was hugging him. Nico calmed down then woke up.

"I hope you guys know I was fine and you didn't have to move me."

"Then why haven't you moved yet?"

"Because I'm stealing your warmth."

He sat up but stayed beside me.

"You know I never thought this would work," Percy said.

"What would work?"

"I just never thought that you would be Nico's type. And I never thought that if we tried to make you guys cannon that it would work."

"Yea I don't think I'm his type. I mean I don't even think he likes me. I just now got the honor of being his friend so I don't think we would even get close to being together."

They both rolled their eyes. "He's using you as a pillow. And apparently I'm not his type even though I'm everyone's type. So you must be his type."

"Shut up about the whole type thing. You're not my type end of story."

I look over and see Nico is indeed using me like a pillow. He has his head on my shoulder. He looks adorable while he's giving Percy a death glare. Bad Will you guys are just friends and that's all you'll ever be. Nico looked at me.

"I hope you know we heard that."

As I look in his eyes I realize that I want him. And I want him to want me. I want him to come to me everytime he has a nightmare  just so I can comfort him. I want him to trust me and love me. But I know that I won't ever have it.

I look over at Percy and Jason. "You guys can leave now and thank you."

They said their byes and they hugged Nico then left. Once they left I sighed.

"Hey sunshine are you ok?"

I look at him. "What? Oh......um.......yeah."

I hate that I lied to him but I don't want to tell him why I'm not fine.

"I can tell when you're lying so please tell me the truth."

I hate how he knows me so well but then again I like how he knows me that well.

"Fine I'm not ok."

"Was that so hard? Want to tell me what's wrong maybe it'll help if you talk about it?"

"You know you should really take your own advice di Angelo."

"No I'm not social like that I mean I'll talk but I won't tell anyone my feelings."

"C'mon you should open up more."

"And so should you."

We stood up and Nico sat down on the bed. I turned around to leave but Nico grabbed my hand.

"Stay with me?"

I look at him and nod not trusting my voice or myself for that matter. He let's go of my hand and scoots over. Wait does he want me to lay beside him?! Without even thinking I sit beside him then lay down. He lays down and curls up in a ball next to me.

"Thank you."

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For being my friend."

"Why would I not want to be your friend?"

He shrugs.

I put my thumb and index finger on his chin to make him look up at me. When he looks up at me I instantly regret I did that.

"Can we talk about why you think I wouldn't want to be your friend tomorrow?"

"Sure."

He looks back down and falls asleep. When I'm sure he's fast asleep I kiss him on the top of his head without even thinking. Then I fall asleep.

///////////time skip to morning////////////

I woke up with the sun as usual. I look at Nico who now has his head on my chest. It's not like I mind but it hurts me that I don't think he likes me the same way I like him. Jason and Percy come in and grin at me.

"Hey can I ask you guys something?" I whisper.

"Sure," they whisper in unison.

I sit up and have it to where Nico is sitting on my lap in a little ball with his head still on my chest since I don't want him to move.

"Can you guys find out if Nico likes me back the same way I like him?"

"Of course," Jason says.

Nico woke up but stayed in my lap. I was happy about that until I got a little friend. Nico looks at me and whispers "You should take care up your little friend there."

He gets off my lap and I put my arms on my lap. Then I get up and go to the bathroom. I pace in the bathroom for a little while to calm myself down. I can't believe that happened. After I calmed myself down I went back to Nico's room and sat on the bed next to Nico. Percy and Jason are sitting in chairs.

"Hey sunshine."

"Hey Neeks."

Nico scoots closer to me so I wrap my arm around him. I then make him sit on my lap again he lays his head on my chest.

"Aww are you guys dating yet?" Piper asks as she enters.

"No mostly because I don't know how Neeks here feels about me."

I look over at Percy and Jason who were just arm wrestling. But now they stopped and looked at us as if waiting to see what would happen next. I looked down at Nico and he was looking up at me. What happened next completely shocked me and everyone else.