sunset

Npov

I sit up then the people that were just knocking on the door came in.

It was Percy and Jason that came in. They sit on the opposite side of my bunk so they can face me without a problem.

"Hey do you know what's wrong with Will?" Jason asks.

"No why? What's wrong?"

"He looks sad and has looked sad all day. We just thought you would know what's wrong with him since he was in here earlier today."

"Sorry but I don't know what's wrong with him."

They stand up. "It's fine. Bye."

"Bye."

Then with that they leave and I stand up. I walk out of my cabin and walk towards the infirmary.

Why is Will sad? Did someone die? No I would've known if someone died because I can sense it. Is he sad that I left?

I arrive at the infirmary. When I walk in I see Will sitting on an empty bed with his hands covering his face.

I sit beside him. "Hey are you okay?"

He looks at me and he does indeed look sad. "Yea I'm fine."

"Liar. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I just got my hopes up when I shouldn't have and now I'm heartbroken. So see it's nothing."

"What are you heartbroken over?"

"Nothing."

I stay silent not knowing what else to say. I look down at the floor and twist my skull ring. I can see out of the corner of my eyes that Will is still looking at me.

I get an idea. "Come on let's go." I stand up.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going somewhere."

He stands up obviously confused. He gets Kayla to cover for him. We walk out of the infirmary and walk to the lake. When we get there we sit in the sand.

The sun starts to set and we watch it set. I've seen a sunset before and all of them are beautiful. The colors are like a painting.

I look over at Will and he is looking at the sunset in 'aww'. I smile and look back at the sunset.

I hear rustling in the bushes but I already know who it is so I don't care.