Asia Tour

Dara's first stop is Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines and lastly South Korea. It took her about a month and a half before she finally arrived in Busan where her grandparents and other relatives reside. She stayed with them for a week then she will go visit her cousin Bommie in Seoul and stay with her for the remaining of her vacation. She feels tired from all the traveling she did but she is not complaining.

Dara finally arrived in Seoul Incheon Airport. Her cousin Bommie is supposed to pick her up.

As Dara exited at the double doors after picking up her luggages her cousin Bommie is already there waiting for her excitedly.

"Dara-ah!" Bommie called her name out so loud that it echoed inside the airport which made other people turned towards them wondering of what is going on.

Bommie and Dara hugged each other excitedly, jumping and squealing at the same time. People were looking at them as if they were a bunch of crazy people but none of the two ever cares at all.

"Bommie I am finally here! Would you believe it!" Dara gushed to her cousin Bom.

"Yeah?! That took you two months to get here. I thought you might have decided not to come at all. So you better tell me the whole story about your trip, arasso?" Bom said to Dara.

"Arasso." Dara replied.

"Geez, you and your American accent whenever you speak Korean makes me giggle every time." Bom said in amusement.

"I can't help it. It's not my fault that my parents did not try hard enough to persuade me into sticking to speak in Korean at home, because they too would like to be fluent in speaking in English." Dara said while chuckling.

"Yes, yes, yes I know." Bom said as she nod her head in agreement with her cousin. "I'm just glad that you still can understand it even though your tongue gets twisted whenever you speak in Korean."

"I know, I was having a hard time talking to grandma and grandpa on my mother side. I'm just glad that they were able to put up with me and my broken Korean language." Dara said giggling.

"I wish I would have seen that." Bom said laughing.

Bom is Dara's cousin on her father's side. Bom actually stayed with them in America when she went to school there for two years to learn English. They were both in tenth grade in high school at that time. Bom's dad sent her to America for a couple of years to learn English for their growing business. After that every summer she would visit them.

"Alright let's get you home first then we'll think of what we are going to do for the remaining of your stay here." Bom said to Dara.

They both walked to the parking lot where Bom parked her car. As they hit the road, Dara cannot contained her excitement as she looked outside the window. Bom would always tell her about living in Seoul which is the capital city of South Korea. She would always talk about different kpop groups and who would be the most popular boy group and girl group. Though at that time she was not really interested about them as she was so focused about her studies.

"Dara, do you still remember the boy group called Bigbang? They had become so popular globally, especially their group leader G-Dragon. He is not only a well known leader of the group, he is also one of the popular producer and a songwriter in his generation. He not only write songs for his group but for other groups and soloist as well. Even his way of fashion became so popular that he became a fashion icon of Korea. He somehow helped put South Korea on the map and now the world are finally recognizing South Korea more so now than before. In short, whatever he touches seems to turn into gold and that is why he is so well respected in all areas." Bom said as she updates Dara on the latest news.

Dara seems to be impressed of what her cousin had told her about this person and mentally took note of looking him up when she gets a chance.

Dara and Bom arrived at Bom's place. Her apartment building is located at the heart of Seoul overlooking the Han River.

Dara was in awe upon looking at Bom's big apartment unit window.

"Wow!!! Bom you leave here. This is amazing. Was this the same apartment unit that you were telling me about, that you really wanted to get?" Dara asked Bom.

"Neh, I finally got it. Would you believe it? Oh, and I also heard that G-Dragon also has an apartment unit here in this building. I just found that out when I moved in here." Bom was gushing as she was telling her cousin.

"Also you know the offer is still good if ever you do decide to try living here in Korea. You can stay here with me and we can be roommates. I have two other spare rooms and each has it's own bathroom." Bom was telling Dara while raising her eyebrows playfully at her. "Plus your parents are okay with it anyways. So what do you think?"

"Well considering that I just arrived here in this country after so many years of staying in America. Let me check it out first, then I'll make my final decision later on and I promise to let you know when I get there. Deal?" Dara extended her hand to her cousin as they sealed it with a hug.

"Bommie, before I forget I need to buy some toiletries. I ran out of some of the stuff that I need and I forgot to buy them before I left Busan."

"Then let's go. There is a twenty-four hour store adjacent from here. That reminds me, I also need to get us some snacks too." Bom said as she put on her light jacket, grabbed her bag and keys.

Dara also put on her jean jacket and grabbed her bag. She then followed Bom.