Chapter Five:

-Harley West-

No,no,no! This is not going to happen again. I am not dancing with Lucifer, I refuse to.

"Ryder Rivers?" Axel calls out again to the microphone...nothing. No Ryder, I sigh in relief and was about to walk out but someone grabbed my arm.

"Since your date isn't here, I'll accompany you." Joshua Evergreen to the rescue. I felt like I was in a cheesy princess movie when I curtsied. I hated these events because you have to act so posh and snobby which is the complete opposite of me.

I take his hand and we begin to dance and we stayed like that for a couple minutes as everyone watched in respect... that was until I felt Joshua being dragged from me.

"Sorry pal but you stole my dance partner." I'm sorry...what?! No he has no right to be saying this.

"Excuse me! You never appeared when we actually had to dance -not that I wanted to dance with you anyway-so leave Josh alone and I'd rather dance with a frog than dance with you." I defend Josh even though I have literally just spoken to him for the first time and I needed a motive to argue at Ryder.

"You're kidding right? You're defending that thing." Wow, them two must seriously dislike each other if Ryder is calling Josh a thing.

"Dude, what's your problem?! You didn't turn up at the right time so I scooped in so fuck off and go fuck one of your little whores you love so mu-" before Joshua could even finish talking, Ryder was on top of him throwing punches continuously at his face. Poor angel face. This isn't the time Harley! Help the boy!

I grab Ryder's short collar and throw him across the floor...my dad taught me a thing or two. "What's your deal?!" I shout at Ryder before getting Josh off the floor and take him to a seperate room.

——
"I'm so sorry about him, he's a maniac." I apologise for Ryder because I knew he wasn't going to do it himself so I might as well do it. I clean the rest of the blood off Josh's face.

"Don't apologise for that idiot." My father walks in as I finish cleaning the wounds. He checks if Josh is alright. "You handled that well Harley. I'm proud of you." I was always taught to save people who were being hurt, it was almost like an instant instinct that I had created. Ever since I was little, I would alway jump into fights and help the victim, Dustin was the exact same. My mom and dad had always told us to help who were getting hurt and so we did until it was an instinct that we had.

"Thank you, but it's not the time now. Did Ryder leave?" I ask my dad who has his arms crossed tightly against his chest. Instead of giving me a reply he just nods and smiles. Thank the lord, Ryder is out of here.

———
After the incident, my mom and dad thought it would be best if we left Josh at his house before we went home so that's what we did. We made sure he was alright and left him at his house, then we went home.

I couldn't believe that Ryder was so aggressive towards Josh, the golden boy, the one who can't harm a fly. I need to figure out why they hate each other so much but before I do that I need to sleep and eat.

I get out of my clothes and go into the shower, letting the warm water drop against my tanned skin. I felt the droplets of water trickle down my back as I sighed in exhaustion. Today has been a long day, once I finish I brush my teeth and get into some pyjamas and then jump into my puffy bed which I'm probably getting married to because I spend so much time on it .

Soon enough I drift off to sleep surrounded by my thoughts.

——-
And then Monday came which meant I had school which also meant I had to see Ryder in my classes and I was not looking forward to it.

Moaning, I get out of my bed heading straight to the shower and after that I got changed into today's outfit.

A black skater dress and some white converse high tops along with my leather jacket. As for my makeup it was just mascara and lipgloss and my hair was in a messy bun because I wasn't bothered to do it neat.

"Dustin! Harley! You're going to be late!" There it is, my morning dose of my mom shouting at us to hurry up but this time I'm actually awake and I don't have to run around the place.

I go downstairs and greet my mom and dad, as expected Molly was here and so was Tom, both of them giggling and laughing like toddlers.

"Sandy Cheeks, you're up early!" Tom greets me as I nod. It was unusual for me to be up this early even for school so everyone was pretty much shocked.

"Harley, Snow and Ryder are coming here so all of you can go together." She has to be kidding me....please tell me my mom is messing with me. I did not want to see Ryder any more than I already had to see him.

As if on cue, the door bell rings and my mom goes to open the door announcing Snow and Ryder. Please give me strength!

They all came back into the kitchen where Molly, Tom and I were in.

"Molly, this is Ryder" I introduce them two and they shake hands.... why so serious? "And that's Snow." Then sparks flew. Snow pulls Molly into a hug, smiling at her.

"Nice to meet you any friend of Harley's is mine." What is he saying, I'm not his friend!

"Can't say the same thing, unfortunately." Oh...snap... shots fired. Who knew Molly was so confident and careless. Ryder just glared at her whilst the rest of us are trying to suppress laughter.

I guess today might not be as bad as I thought