Chapter: Twenty-five

A/N!! GUYYSSS...I made a new trailer for She's a troublemaker! This is my favourite one. Please take some time to watch it before continuing with the chapter. :)

-Molly Rose-

I had never been to a street race before and so when Harley has told me she was going to race, I wanted to go along. She had agreed and so all I had to do was wait for her to get ready and then we were set to go.

The whole ride to the track I was excited. I had never been to one and in the movies it seemed so much fun to watch. I knew Harley had a lot on her mind but I thought that since she loves to drive that this would be something that would help her get Ryder off her mind.

My phone rang and I saw that it was a message from Ryder.

"Where's Harley? I need to speak to her and she's not answering her phone." He asked.

"Were on our way to a street race." And along with that message I sent him the address, he simply replied that he'd be there in an hour.

We arrive and she goes over to the referee and makes her bet once the referee introduces her to her opponent.  It was clear that she was the only female racer, every other female was here to watch and support their friend or boyfriend.

Harley gets into her car and her opponent into his. Once the gun shot was sounded, she raced off leaving her opponent behind. To say she was a good street racer would be an understatement, it was like she was practicing her whole entire life. She raced like her life depended on it, there were a ton of people cheering her on wanting her to win the race.

She was doing great. That was until she lost control and the car went flipping. I screamed out her name and ran towards the place where she was flipping. Someone was calling an ambulance, everyone was running towards the flipping car, there was no noise coming from inside the car. She couldn't be dead, could she?

As I went to pick up my phone to call Hunter or Madeline, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and it was Ryder.

"Please tell me that's not who I think it is" he looked at me, his eyes were beginning to fill with tears.

"I really wish I could but it's her." Then he let all his tears out until we heard the crash. Harley's car had stopped flipping thanks to a tree that it crashed into. Ryder ran towards the car and opened the door, gently pulling her out. She was covered in blood as was the drivers seat and the steering wheel. She laid limp in Ryder's arms, you could barely notice she was breathing.

As the ambulance sirens were heard, people who were here to see the street race or actually race, ran off. It was an illegal street race and no one wanted to risk being caught.

They put Harley into the ambulance, she had to wear an oxygen mask because she wasn't breathing normally. Ryder and I agreed that it should be him going in the ambulance on the ride to the hospital so he gives me his car keys and tells me to meet them at the hospital.

-Ryder Rivers-

As I watch Harley being put in the ambulance, tears began streaming down my face, betraying my manly intuition. She looked...dead. She was so pale and you could barely see her breathing, her arm draped off the side of the ambulance stretcher.

Her face was all bloodied, it looked really bad. It shouldn't have been her in the car. Shit.

Once I get in the ambulance, they start to drive off. Some doctor was keeping her breathing stabilised as the driver tried to drive as fast as possible.

I get my phone out and click on Hunters number. How was I going to explain to him what had happened if I could barely wrap my head around it.

"Ryder?" I heard Hunters voice from the other side.

"Meet me in the hospital. Harley's been in an accident, she's barely alive..." Hunter went silent.

"Madeleine and I will be right there. P-Please don't leave her alone, Ryder." His voice broke, I tell him that I won't leave Harley alone and then hang up.

Minutes later, we arrive at the hospital. Several doctors came rushing out of the hospital and ran back inside with Harley. I run so that I catch up with them.

As they took her into a room, I tried to get in.

"You can't go in here,sir." One of the doctors told me.

"I can't leave her. Please let me go in..." my heart was pounding, uncontrollably. I had wished and hoped that the doctor would say that I was allowed to be in there with her.

"I'm sorry but we can't allow it. You can wait in the waiting room as we examine her and do any necessary procedures that may be required. We will send a nurse to notify you how she is doing" I didn't want to leave her side but I was afraid that if I argued with the doctor I would get kicked out and that would be worse than not being in the same room as her.

Now all I have to do is wait...