Chapter Twenty-Three

-Harley West-

My bed has become my best friend for the last week,  I haven't left my room since Ryder left to give me some space. He hadn't been online on his social media's and Dustin says he hasn't been picking up his calls or answering his messages.

I really hoped he wasn't suffering the way I was. I tried to eat to make my parents happy but whenever I went to eat I threw up. My mom took me to the doctor to know why, the doctor said it was because of stress. Right now  I was cuddled up in my bed with my head pressed against the pillow that was drenched in my tears. 

"Harley?" I hear my dads voice behind me, the bed dips and I turn to face him. "How are you feeling?"

"Like absolute shit. I don't get it, I've never felt anything like this. Not even when James and I broke up."  Tears began to fill my eyes once more. I'm surprised I still have tears.

"I know you might not want to hear this but you're in love."

"Dad, no. You know very well that love is just a joke."  My dad pushes back a strand of my hair that was falling on my face. I couldn't be in love with Ryder. No way. Right?

"When I was your age, I thought I could never love someone but then your mom arrived at a party and as cliche as this may sound, I knew she was the one for me. And here we are 18 years later with two beautiful children."

"Child." I say, my dad looks at me confused. "One beautiful child, Dustin doesn't count." My dad chuckles a bit. I really am not in the mood for making jokes but if I don't I'm afraid I'll start believing in what my dad said about me being in love with Ryder.

"Do you think Ryder would purposely hurt you?" My dad asks, I don't respond because I don't know the answer.  "Ryder was just trying to protect you. He's in love you, Harley, he'd never hurt you. I know what he did broke your heart but you should give him a call."

I scoff. "You can't break a broken heart. James took that privilege away from Ryder."

"Harley." My dad raises his eyebrow.

"Fine, I'll think about calling him." I finally give in, my dad smiling. He kisses my forehead before leaving the room.

Now the question remains. Am I going to call Ryder?

I wanted to call him  but at the same time I didn't, I had wanted some space and he gave it to me so it seems like a bad idea to call him. I sigh before getting out of my bed and into the shower so that I could actually go to school for the first time in a week. I can only imagine what kind of rumours are going around the school right now.

As I was in the shower, my dads words kept replaying in my head like a broken disk. "I know you might not want to hear this but you're in love."

I couldn't be in love...could I? No that's stupid....right? I hated feeling like this. I feel confused about my feelings and I don't know what to do about it.

I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my body before I start doing my hair. My hair wasn't put up in anything special, I simply had put it up into a ponytail and let some strands of hair frame my face. I had to put some makeup to cover up the obvious dark circles under my eyes. I've barely been getting sleep, my mind just keeps being flooded with my thoughts.

After that's done, I move onto my outfit which consisted of some ripped jeans, a nirvana top and a black bomber jacket.  As for my shoes, I wore some high top vans.

I shrug at my outfit before grabbing my bag and phone and head downstairs.

"Are you sure you want to come into school? There's some pretty nasty rumours going around." Dustin warns me as we head into the garage.

"I'm sure whatever the rumours are, I can handle them." I say before getting inside my Audi R8.

"If you say so..." he gets into his Porsche as I race off to school. I really need to take drives more often, they make me relaxed. If I'm not mistaken there's another street race tonight and I haven't been to one in forever.

As soon as my car reaches the school's car park, everyone's eyes are already on me. Not long after I see Dustin arriving behind me.

Let's find out what the rumours are. I sigh and get it of the car, walking inside the hallways of the school.

Everyone's eyes were on me as I walked towards my locker. I had learnt to deal with all the stares and the dirty looks because ever since I started dating Ryder, they're all I've been receiving since then.

But what I was going to hear was nothing compared to the rumours of when Ryder and I started dating.

"Ryder dumped her just like James did."

"I knew they would never last, Ryder would never go for a slut."

"He just used her for sex."

"She's a pathetic whore."

"She got what she deserved."

The students who were talking crap about me, were the same students who were praising me less than a month ago for beating Josh up. It's so scary how they change their mind so quickly.

Every step I took, there were a group of people whispering things about me. When Ryder and I argued that day in the school corridor, people went crazy. It gave them the chance to spread rumours about the little snippets they heard of the conversation.

A group of jocks walked pass me, laughing which didn't bother me but what did bother me is what one of the idiots said. I noticed the jock immediately. It was Justin, one of James' friends.

"I can't believe Ryder ever went out with that fucking skank."

Once he finished that stupid sentence, I drop my bag and run towards him, tapping him on the shoulder, trying not to lose my mind right there and then. He turned around, smirking as he looked at me and then back to his friends.

"What?" Ignorant little as- "What the hell do you want woman?" Oh no he didn't.

"Don't call me woman, first of all. And second what was that you said about me?" I went straight to the point, I wanted to know if he had the balls to say what he said to my face.

"I said that you're a fucking skank...woman." He laughs as his friends applaud his disgraceful behaviour. And that's when I started seeing red.

I send him one single punch to the face, sending him to the ground. I crouch down beside him and grab his head by his hair.

"Justin, meet the floor. Floor, meet Justin." I say before smashing his head to the floor. Justin grabs his head with his hands in pain. I get back up and notice the crowd that had gathered around, and I also noticed the phones recording. I take one last look at Justin before I walk off.

That'll teach them not to call anyone a skank anymore.