Chapter: Thirty

-Harley West-

I felt nervous to be going back to school for what seems like the first time in forever. I stood in front of my mirror and took a deep breath before grabbing my bag and my phone.

"Harley! You're going to be late for school!" I hear my mom shouting from downstairs. I walk down the stairs and I see Ryder and Dustin talking. I was so glad that they were now friends, at the beginning of the school year, they had despised each other and now they were like brothers. They had such a great relationship and I'm really happy that they do.

"Good morning, are you ready for school?" Ryder notices me and takes my hand to help me down the rest of the stairs. He kisses my forehead as I smile.

"Not really but if I don't go now, I may never leave the house again because I already miss my bed." I joke around as I place my bag on my shoulder.

Ryder offered Dustin and I a ride to school so before we knew it we were in his car and Ryder was already driving. I took his hand in mine, he looks over to me and smiles before looking back to the road.

"You two are cheesy." And there goes Dustin ruining the mood. I roll my eyes and Ryder simply laughs as he parks the car in the schools car park.

I get out of the car and look at the building, if definitely felt weird to be back. Ryder holds my hand as we walk towards the building. Once we enter, I start heading towards my locker. People kept stopping me and wishing me well and welcoming me back. This was different, no one used to come up to me. It's almost as if people were putting me for getting in a car accident. Ryder stayed by my side, he never let go of my hand and it made me feel calmer.

Just like Ryder had told me, my locker was covered in cards and flowers. When I was about to open my locker, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around only to be greeted by "Lizzy?!" 

"I'm so sorry." She says as she bursts into tears. I felt sorry for her, I don't know what happened but I knew that I needed to help her.

Ryder and I lead her into an empty classroom and sit down at a desk.

"What's wrong?" I hadn't seen her in forever and she comes up to me crying about something.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know who I should go to so...here I am." She begins. I nod gently and Ryder leans back against his chair. "I haven't been in school for a while because I found out that I'm pregnant with Josh's baby." Holy sh-

"Josh is in the hospital so how is that possible?" Ryder says with a serious face. Lizzy has alway been know for the amount of people she slept with and for being a liar.

"He's getting better. He called me a couple months ago and wanted me to visit him so I did. When I got to the hospital, I sat beside him and he told me that he wanted revenge on both of you. He said he was so mad that he wanted to kill you, Ryder. We started talking about what happened the day that you knocked him unconscious and next thing I knew he kissed me and then we...you know. I haven't slept with anyone else since then."

"Why are you telling us this? You've never liked Harley so why go to us?" Ryder says, leaning forward as he questions her honesty.

"Because ever since I told my parents that I'm pregnant, they kicked me out and left me living in a hotel. People at school found out and I've lost my popular status that I used to have, I now know what it feels like to be an outcast...sorta like you." Lizzy is a lot of things, including an asshole and a liar, but I believe her.