Chapter twenty one:

Harley West:

The week after I returned to school. I was absolutely dreading it, hundreds of people had seen me beat Joshua up. I was scared that people would hate me, scared that everyone would judge me for it.

As I try to shake my thoughts off, I get changed into ripped jeans and a cropped 5SOS hoodie along with some Nike shoes. I didn't really bother with my makeup and my hair was put up into a messy bun.

"Harley?" I hear my mom from the other side of my door. "Are you sure you want to go to school today, sweetie?" She asks once she gets inside my room.

"What if people start judging me?" I sit down on my bed fiddling with my nails.  I hear my mom taking a short sigh.

"If people start judging you I know you won't let them get away with it. You're too much like your father, Harley. I know very well that at school everyone respects you and knows not to cross your way, so I doubt that anyone would judge you." My mom comforts me as she rubs my back, soothingly. I nod slightly at hearing her words, she was right.

"Ok." I smile at her before hugging her. She smiles back before leaving. I grab my bag and my phone as I head downstairs to grab a slice of French toast and drive to school.

The whole ride to school my mind was pacing back and forwards about the fact that everyone would be judging me but as I park I remember my mom's words. After taking a deep breath I leave my car and make my way inside.

I could already feel everyone's eyes on me, I looked down to the floor as I try make my way as quickly as possible to my locker but I was stopped.

"Harley? Are you feeling ok?" I hear a comforting voice behind me. I turn around and I instantly sigh a sigh of relief and hug them. "I'm here, I've got you."

"Ryder..." is all I can mutter as I cling on to him. He lifts my chin up carefully, showing his face to me. A smile is instantly brought to my lips as he kisses my forehead before I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Sorry. You're Harley West aren't you?" I look at the girl who tapped my shoulder and hesitantly nodded. "I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say thank you for standing up to that monster. No one had the courage to do what you did, he deserves to be in the state he is." I go into shock as I hear the girl speak to me with a bright smile on her face and everyone around me nodding and clapping. I don't know why I was so afraid of coming back, I should've known that all these girls were bound to hate him.

I felt a little bit better about the fact that I nearly killed Joshua since I see that everyone supported what I did but I still feel guilty.

"I told you everything would be fine." Ryder says to comfort me. I nod and hug him as I muster a "thank you" to him. "I'd do anything to protect you, you know that right?" He says, his eyes becoming a little bit sad.

"Ryder, what's wrong?" My voice becomes soft as I cup his face into my hands.

"I-I... I was supposed to not speak to you until Joshua wasn't around us any more." I become shocked at the news I hear. He was going to stop speaking to me until Josh left...

"When did you decide this, Ryder?" I was really hoping that he wouldn't say after we had sex. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it.

"After we had sex..." I instantly feel the tears streaming down.

"So you mean that I gave you what my ex-boyfriend wanted but couldn't get and you were going to stop talking to me completely?! Are you being fucking serious, Ryder?!" Saying that I was furious was an understatement. I felt like any heart had snapped in half, I felt betrayed by someone who I thought I could trust.

"I'm so sorry Harley, I didn't mean to...it wasn't planned."

"Oh please, save your crap. You broke me and that won't easily be repaired." It was then that I realised, I had fallen for him....real bad. I'd made a promise with myself that I would never fall for anyone again and yet he walks in, making me break my own promise.

"Harley, I did it to protect you, ask your mother she told me to do that in order to protect you! I didn't want to stay away from you." He looks me dead in the eye with guilt and fear. For the first time he was scared, scared of losing someone. I believed him.

"You hurt me, Ryder. I trusted you." My eyebrows furrow with sadness and my tears dripped onto the floor. At this moment I was thankful that no one was payRydering attention to mine and Ryder's argument.

"I know... I am so sorry." He cups my face with his hands and pulls me closer as he wiped away my tears. "I only agreed to it to protect you, Harls. Believe me."

"I do believe you." I let out as he sighs a sigh of relief. "But I need sometime, I trusted you." I look up to him as I see his eyes begin to water.

-Ryder Rivers-

I felt my self do something that I haven't done in years. I was beginning to cry. I hated the fact that I had broken her, the fact that she trusted me and I lost that trust. I hated that she was crying because of me.

"Please...don't leave me....I-I love you." I become in shock as I hear my self say those words. I replayed it over and over in my head only to find out that it was true. I really did love Harley.

"I can't, Ryder." With that she left whilst wiping her tears away.

As I saw her walking away, I knew I couldn't stay inside the school...if I saw her it'd only break my heart even more. So I go into my car and drive home.

"Ryder! What are you doing home so early?!" My mom asks as I walk through the door, but I don't answer. I rush up to my room, slamming the door shut.

I groan in frustration as I put my fist through the wall. I knew I had ruined something truly special and I might never be able to get it back.

I close my eyes as I feel tears falling down my face onto the carpet floor.

I miss her already.