Chapter Eighteen:

-Harley West-

My alarm goes off but before I could turn it off, someone beat me to it. I look up and see Ryder, remembering yesterday's events. Yesterday was.....memorable, to say the least.

Did I regret it? ....nope.

"Good morning, shortcake." I feel him place a kiss on my forehead as he shuffled into a sitting position. I go to do the same but remember that I am completely naked, so I make sure the blanket won't fall down before I sit up. "It's nothing I haven't seen before."

My mouth drops as I smack his arm, lightly. "Shut up." I hear him chuckle as I get up, putting on his shirt, since I had no idea where mine was.

I get in the shower, closing my eyes as I feel the warm water fall on my skin. I, quickly, wash my hair and my body before I get out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body.

As I'm blow drying my hair, my mind starts to wonder what Ryder and I were. When we first met, we were nothing but frenemies, then we became friends and now....I don't even know.

We had been acting as if we were a couple but we aren't and it's confusing the crap out of me. I need to talk to him about this.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I check the caller ID and see that Molly was calling me. I hadn't been speaking to her much, she's always around with Snow but I'm happy for her.

"Harley, meet me at school asap!" It sounded urgent, so I quickly tell her that I'd be there soon and I go into my room, rummaging for clothes. Eventually I find a strapless black top and some ripped, white jeans along with my high top converses.

"What's the rush? Getting rid of me that quickly?" Ryder fakes a pout as he dramatically puts his hand on his heart to show what a drama queen he is.

"No, you idiot. Molly called me, it sounded urgent so I have to meet her at school. Hurry up and go shower, we need to leave." He rushes into the bathroom, leaving me alone in my room.

I lightly coat my, already thick, eyelashes in mascara and then I tie my hair into a messy ponytail, letting some strands of hair frame my face. As I'm about to grab my perfume, I feel a pair of hands on my waist, spinning me around as it scares the living crap out of me.

"Ryder, You nearly gave me a heart attack." I let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding in. He chuckles before examining my face. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

He shakes his head before attacking his lips to mine, my hands snake up to his hair as I pull him closer. His left hand was supporting my back whereas his right was on my waist.

We break apart, sighing.

                         -Ryder Rivers-

A couple minutes ago:

She'd just gotten in the shower as I make my way downstairs once I put some clothes on. I had to tell Hunter or Madeline what had happened with Josh.

Hunter wasn't around so I go to Madeline .

"Ryder? What's wrong, sweetie?" Madeline handed me a cup of coffee as I sat down beside her.

"Remember Joshua Evergreen?" My fists close up into a ball at the mention of his name. He'd hurt so many people, I wasn't going to let Harley be another one of the many names on his list.

"Of course I do, he's so sweet." She says before taking a sip of her coffee. I roll my eyes as I knew she wouldn't be thinking that for much longer.

"He's not so sweet." I say, Madeline gives me a confused look before I continued. "Josh has hurt many people, mostly girls. He and I used to be close friends but I finished that relationship a long time ago when I had found out what he was doing."

"Josh was and is a person who attracted to many females and usually when he makes a move on them, they don't like him back. Most of the time, there's another boy involved, other times the girls just don't like him." Madeline listened to every word as she sipped on her coffee and ate some Oreos with a worried look on her face.

"He doesn't take rejection that easily. Yesterday, Harley came home crying. I went after her and she told me that Josh had told her that he loved her. When she told him that she didn't, he threatened to kill me because he's convinced that she's in love with me." My stomach flutters at the thought of Harley being in love with me.

"He won't go through with he threat, he might've just been really upset over Harley." Madeline suggested, I shake my head in disagreement.

"He will go through with it, he's done the same thing with all the others girls and their lovers and he's killed them all. He's a psychopath." Madeline's eyes widen. "Im not worried about me, I'm worried about her Madeline. He'll go after her too if he sees me with her."

"Then there's only one thing to do. You'll have to stop seeing Harley, but you can't tell her because she'll want to continue seeing you in secret and if Josh finds out then all hell will break loose. I'll tell Hunter and he'll take care of Josh, he'll threaten him and send him far away. Until then, you have to stop seeing her" She was right, I have to stop seeing her. Just for a while.

Present time:

I watch Harley as she does her makeup and hair. Before she grabs her perfume, I grab her waist and turn her around as she flinched.

"Ryder, You nearly gave me a heart attack." She breathes out, putting her hand over her heart. I chuckle and look at her face, admiring her as much as I could before I had to leave her for a while. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

I shake my head slowly as I press my lips against her soft ones. Her hands make their way to my hair, tugging it gently as she pulls me closer to her. One of my hands goes to her back, supporting her and my other was on her waist.

I felt so bad, I just had sex with her and now I have to leave her with no explanation. I just wanted to kiss her before I had to go.

I pull away, hesitantly as I look into her eyes.

"I have to go, shortcake. I'll be back, soon." I smiled at her and kiss her forehead one last time before I leave.

That's my goodbye, for now.

I texted Madeline and asked her where the Lions hangout was, she gave it to me and I was on my way there immediately.

Once I got there I told Hunter everything and what I had to do in order to protect Harley. He told me it was the right thing to do and that he would do what Madeline said he would.

He would find a way to send Josh far away from here.

I hope this all ends soon. I want my shortcake back