Chapter 30

Jonathan Ryan has escaped from the hospital. He is injured however deadly. If you find him, call the police right away. He's highly dangerous.

   I stand up and scream. My mom rushes into the living room and looks at the television. Her face drains of all color. I run to the door and into the setting sunlight. I run down the sidewalk and up the street. I don't even know exactly where I'm going. Just somewhere away from anything having to do with Jonathan.

   After running for a few minutes longer, my lungs can't take anymore. My adrenaline rush left my body leaving me tired. I walk into a empty alleyway and lean against the side of the building. I pant and pull out the phone that I always keep with me.

   I flip through the contact list and land on Daniel. He always told me to call in an emergency. Taylor's name catches my eye. Who should I call?

   The phone rings two times before I get an answer. "Isabella? What's wrong?"

   "He's out, Taylor. He's escaped." I still fight to talk because my lungs are still burning.

   "Are you alright? Why do you sound like you were running?" He sounds worried.

   "Because, I was. Come pick me up. I'm by some restaurants downtown."

   "I'm coming, Isabella. Stay put." He hangs up. I place the phone back in my pocket and catch my breath. A few people who pass the alley give me strange looks. I decide to go out and find somewhere where Taylor can find me easily. Within minutes Taylor's car pulls up on the sidewalk near me. I stand up and walk over to the car. He rolls down the window. "Get in." I open the door and sit on the seat. "You saw the report about Jonathan?" He asks me quietly.

   "Yes. We have to find him. We need to. I have to kill him and get rid of this nightmare." I grip the side of the seat as stress pours over me like a waterfall.The doctors told me to relieve stress when it comes. "Taylor, I need help." I close my eyes and lay my head back. Why isn't this working? It always does. I can't breathe.

   "What's wrong, Bella?" He looks at me and back to the road.

   "I'm really feeling stressed. I need silence. We need to get back to your place." I take a deep breath and try to calm my nerves.

   "If that's an invitation for sex I don't think that-"

   "Taylor! No!" I furrow my eyebrows at him. He tries not to smile. I laugh slightly and continue trying to calm down. Thanks for trying to make me laugh. I think to myself.

   We arrive to Taylor's house. It's so silent away from people. So peaceful and stress relieving.

   "I'm starting to feel better." I mutter. Taylor grabs my hand and squeezes it reassuringly.

   "It's alright, Isabella. We'll find Jonathan. It's alright." His calm voice and the silence of the outdoors brings my blood pressure down greatly.

   "Okay. I'm good."

   "That's great because I need you to explain something to me. Why were you running?" I look at Taylor. He has a raised eyebrow at me.

     "I don't know. I just wanted to get away from the house. The area where Jonathan haunts me." I explain quickly. Taylor sighs and turns the car on.

   "We have to find him. It just isn't working out right. You were right. I should've killed him." He pulls away from the house and begins driving.

   "Where are we even going?" I ask while looking out the front window.

  "Where else? We're going to find Jonathan. He's still severely injured therefore he won't be far away. Probably hiding out in the city somewhere. He'll need to stay hidden. He will probably be wearing something dark, like a black sweatshirt or something like that. He'll appear injured, maybe walking slowly because of the damage." Taylor quickly explains. I nod and take in all the information while looking around the people outside. Nobody is hidden behind clothing. Today is a warm day therefore he'll probably stand out.

   Taylor drives to the other side of town to the hospital area. He passes it and continues driving until we reach the wooded area. Taylor shuts off the car and gets out. I follow his steps and he locks the doors.

   "Where will we start? This place is full of hiding areas." I comment while looking around the trees.

   "I'm not too certain. He'll be close though. Maybe in an old cabin or a large water pipe in the ground." I nod and we begin walking around the area.

   "Taylor!" I yell to him from where I stand. He walks over to me. "Look at this. Footprints." I point to a large trail of bare footprints in the slightly wet dirt. Taylor squats and studies the prints carefully.

   "You wouldn't need a scientist to know who these belong to." He mutters under his breath loud enough for me to hear. He follows the trail with me close behind him. After following the prints for a few minutes, they stop. We look around cluelessly, at least I do. Taylor seems to study the area in search of more evidence.

   "May-" A warm hands wraps around my mouth and drags me away from Taylor, who's back is turned to me. I try to scream and find myself quickly falling into the darkness. What's this smell? Before I can decipher what is being held to my mouth, I pass out.

___________________

   Guess what, I LIED! There might be two more chapters, most likely one. I tried to make this chapter good however it ended up sucking but at least it's decent sized ^-^

   Thanks for reading my lovelies!

~CrazyTie